Acne is ruining my life. Please help? ?

I'm 16 and was 11 when I first got it. I have been bullies because of it and am still laughed at and left out because of it (my friends and family are embarrassed to go out with me.) I have been to the doctor twice and he has just given me creams that don't work ( this benzly peroxide cream and now I'm using dual gel which is just making it get worse but I've got another month treatment with it to go yet.) I have scars from previous spots all over my face (literally) and it makes me look so ugly, I lie in bed most nights and just cry about it. I have never been accepted in school because with it, I am the ugly one. Please help me I've also tried a LOT of the over the counter products such as clearasil and clean and clear etc

Favorite Answer

There are many ways to cure acne... You have to experiment, to find what is best for you. Everyone is different, don't give up!

You can't go wrong with washing your face... Of course, this doesn't always help those severe cases.

The BEST treatment is prevention! ..My answer is already pretty long, so here is a good link(:

http://m.wikihow.com/Avoid-Acne

I recommend a good, non-comedogenic facewash, so it won't cause any other breakouts. I prefer CeraVe, but there are many other options! Look around at your local pharmacy.

Avoid putting things on your face with a scent, such as hand lotion. It wil most likely cause more breakouts. Again, use non-comedogenic products.

Wash your face twice a day, with the hottest water you can stand. Hot water will open those pores for a much more thorough clean. Rinse with cold water to close those pores back aswell!

Now when you are buying facewashes.. You will notice there are two main treatments.

- Salicylic Acid

- Benzoyl Peroxide

Both are very effective treatments. When used together they can be even better. Just make sure to keep your skin moisturized, they will dry your face quickly.

Salicylic Acid - Works by causing the cells of the epidermis to shed properly. This prevents pores from being clogged. The acid is also known to break down black heads as well as whiteheads. It also allows your skin to absorb more benzoyl peroxide.

Benzoyl Peroxide - Removes dead skins cells and fights bacteria. When used correctly, it can also reduce redness. Probably the most effective by far.

Here are some other options if you want to experiment with at-home methods... Wiki article!

http://m.wikihow.com/Make-Your-Own-Acne-Treatment

Like I said before, everyone is different, so give everything a try!

Here is a wiki article, for extra info!

http://m.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Acne

Alcohol... Will deffinatly fight bacteria that cause acne. But alcohol will deffinatly dry that face fast, and potentially cause redness.

* This can actually make acne worse if you dry out your skin... Use in moderation and moisturize often.

A healthy diet is also very helpful.. But come on, we all know that isn't easy. Especially when you're a kid and your parents call the shots on the food!

Another treatment.. Baking Soda!

No way? Yes way. And most house holds have some.

* Make a paste by mixing some baking soda with a little water. Rub it onto your face in circular motions. If you have a specific bad area, you can use a little more there. Apply a few times a day, wash it off and reapply.

* This will expholiate, which is good for getting a deeper cleaning.

* Treats your acne by neautralizing, because you have acidity and bacteria.

* It also will get rid of those aweful red shaving bumps!

* In my experience this works very well, but it feels weird..

** You MUST moisturize! Use a non-comedogenic moisturizer!

* Moisturizing is VERY important for a healthy face.

It will prevent a lot of dryness. When you get dryness and cracks in the skin, you are just asking for more acne.

* If you don't moisturize, your face will become oily, making you want to touch and wipe your face, spreading bacteria and other crap into those pore!

Plus oil is more likely to attract dirt and dust.

Finally, NEVER touch your face. It's probably the worse thing you can do. Besides popping your pimples... If you pop them, it will make them spread, or even get infected. I don't advise popping them... But if you really must... Do it the right way! Here is a wiki article

http://m.wikihow.com/Pop-a-Pimple

Remember not to be discouraged. Everyone gets acne. It's normal. You just have to experiment to find out how YOU can control yours. Good luck :)

I had mild acne as a teen which started at age 11 also. The stuff from the doctor didn't help. I will say you might grow out of it once you become an adult. I only get a few small onces once in a while. I say go to the drug store and get clearasil its like 7 bucks it work. Or since you might have severe acne try ordering pro-active that stuff works. Then if you get some money Bio-oil at the walgreens drug store helps with the acne scars. Wash your face with one of these products once or twice a day in morning and at night only once a day with the proactive.

Sensible diet, good hygiene and low stress should keep acne away. Try some great OTC products like Niapads, Cetaphil etc. Remember, the most effective treatment is one that is simple to use. For eg. cut a piece of Niapads, moisten it with water and place it on the yet to come to surface acne. Active ingredients penetrate skin and get rid of acne bacteria. Routine use of Niapads helps exfoliate, open clogged skin pores and gets rid of acne in one simple step without drying your skin. Contains Lavender oil – well known moisturizer.

Wine-gum,

Where do i start: Use soap and water and a flannel.

1/.First of all the way you wash is very important always use a flannel to wash,I expect that you wash your face with your hands [wrong] you must use a flannel and dry your face with a clean towel, use hot water soak the flannel wring out then wipe you face with the hot towel this will remove any crease or oil on your face and keep your face clear of spots,the forehead and neck should get the same washing method [use a hot flannel]. It will take a little time for you to be free of spots but in the end your face will be clear

2/. You are what you eat so you must eat a sensible balanced diet.As you will eat all your life it makes sense to learn about food and diet nutrition,which takes time and study.Some foods are good very good for the skin as some foods are good for muscle growth.as some foods are good for energy,learn about this and put it into practice.

Even when you bath always use a flannel do not wash with the palms of your hands.

That's all for now hope you get the results that you are looking for i am shore you will.

I dealt with this for about 3 years. I had a healthy diet and was very clean too, so that wasn't the problem for me and I'm assuming it's not your problem either. (I'm sure you've heard enough rude advice from people already, I know I did.) What worked for me was switching to mineral makeup. It took about a month for my skin to clear up. I buy the stuff from l'oreal (you can get it almost anywhere) and wear it every day. I first bought it because my makeup was just making my skin worse, but I couldn't stand to go out without wearing makeup. It made a huge difference, and now if I get a blemish, I even dab a little makeup on it before going to bed. It really helped me, surprisingly enough. Good luck.

1

Source(s): Natural Acne Removal http://emuy.info/AcneSolution/?z7F2

im using clindoxyl.. i dont know if its the same as yours but it works!! and ive heard from a friend that once you start using proactive your face gets addicted to it. so when you dont use it your face will break out.. hope this kinda helps!

Source(s): myself

I feel you! there are two things, one, letting them go away on their own or two, i think they're like head lice! don't wash the areas where they're the worst or you should.. wait you should! if its clean then its clean!!