Magic The Gathering: White/Green Lifegain Deck?

So...I want to make a White/Green deck, it's not ready yet, but I wanted to ask a lot of things. Here are the cards:

2x Felidar Sovereign

2x Ajani Goldmane

2x Boon Reflection

2x Noble Purpose

3x Cradle of Vitality

4x Overwhelming Stampede

4x Ageless Entity

4x Ajani's Pridemate

4x Essence Warden

4x Storm Herd

4x Soul's Grace

4x Safe Passage

4x Rest for the Weary

4x Ajani's Mantra

4x Orim's Chant

4x Serra Ascendant

4x Leyline of Vitality

4x Isochron Scepter

4x Soul Warden

4x Celestial Mantle

4x Soul's Attendant

4x Asceticism

12x Plains

8x Forests

Sideboard:

1x Invincible Hymn

2x Beacon of Immortality

4x Aspect of Mongoose

4x Canopy Cover

4x Melira, Sylvok Outcast

So...as you can see I have a lot of cards. I want to reduce it to 60 cards or maybe more...not more than 80. So, help me. Tell me what cards should get out. What cards should get out of the sideboard or cards that should get in. So...help organize it! Thanks! =)

Best Answer

Deck Doctor is here! Since there are so many cards to cut, I will shorten up the reasons so you don't have to spend a day reading it all!

There are 97 main deck cards, so to elimate some of them you should think of actuality of cards: how efficient are they if you were to cast them on the turns you want to cast them:

-2 Noble Purpose: At 5 mana you can combo for infinite life instead, so it's out.

-3: Cradle of Vitality: High cost, low profit.

-3 Rest for the Weary: One is fine, but four is too many.

-4 Storm Herd: Together they cost 32 mana.

-4 Safe Passage: The card is fine, but it's better in FOG deck.

-4 Orim's Chant: Chant is good with Scepter, but it's not this deck's focus.

-4 Isochron Scepter: Don't get me wrong, scepter is insane.

-2 Asceticism: Cost too much.

-2 Boon Reflection: You can't cast it until T6, and most likely will cost you a game.

-4 OverWhelming Stampede: Card is insane, but really shines in green Fatty Cake decks. I can do 72 damage with this on T3-T4.

-4 Ajani's Mantra: This card really isn't as good as it seems.

-2 Ageless Entity: This card isn't too bad.

-3 Soul's Grace: This card isn't too bad.

That's puts the main deck at 56 cards.

Infinite Combo:

Turn 1: Soul Warden

Turn 2: LeoninRelic-Warder

Turn 3: Pay 2 life and cast Phyrexian Metamorph, transform it into LeoninRelic-Warder, exile itself, it comes back to battlefield, you gain one life from Soul Warden, transofrm it into LeoninRelic-Warder, exile itself, and repeat, and you get infinite life.

If this combo is enabled with ajani's pridemate on the battlefield, you can get a infinite/infinite pridemate on Turn 4.

Legacy white-inifinite life gain deck was very powerful. If you don't like monowhite this list should work fine as GW as well and it is pretty much a standerd deck, just make sure you have some fetchish lands like terramorphix expanse or evolving wilds or dual lands to fix your mana base.

Happy Brewing.

Source(s): Played for 3 years, made many combo decks that wins on T2-T4, won many local tournaments, enjoy drafting cube and playing legacy.

Ajani Pridemate Deck

I would add Dawnglow Infusion. If you can pay G and W, you double on the life you gain. Look at Armadillo Cloak, which gives your creature +3/+3, trample and lifelink. Cast that on Ageless Entity and he isi 7/7, trample, lifelink and makes himself bigger everytime you gain life. Rancor is also good, to give trample

If you throw Shield of the Oversoul on him as well, he gets another +1/+1 and is indestructible.

I have a deck like this and my opponents hate it. I have been at several thousand life in a multiplayer game....

"not more than 80"

No! No! No! No! 60.. no more!