Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesTheater & Acting · 10 years ago

DOES A SELF IMPROVEMENT MODELLING COURSE LOOK GOOD ON ACTING RESUME?

I TOOK IT AT SUTHERLAND MODELS A FEW MONTHS BACK.

THE REASON ID THAT I THINK IVE BEEN 'SCAMMED' INTO TAKING THE COURSE BECAUSE I WANTED TO BE SIGNED WITH SUTHERLAND MODELS ANSD THEY TOLD ME TO TAKE THIS COURSE. IT WAS EXPENSIVE. I ENDED UP FORGETTING ABOUT THEM TO FIND A REAL REPUTABLE AGENT.

I DON'T WANT CASTING DIRECTORS OR WHOEVER WHO READS MY RESUME TO KNOW IVE BEEN SCAMMED OR SOMETHING

IM NOT EVEN A MODEL MATERIAL, 5 FOOT 1 AND THIN, 16 YEARS OLD.

OPINIONS??

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Nope. Modeling classes are a joke and a scam. Agents and casting directors want to see NAME schools and teachers on your resume.

Best in LA:

Cold Reading/Auditioning

-Margie Haber

-Annie Grindlay

-Saxon Trainor

-Brian Reise

-Robert D'Avanzo

-Amy Lyndon

Commercials

-Hey, I Saw Your Commercial!

-Chris Game

-Stuart K. Robinson

-Stuart Stone

-Killian McHugh

-Francine Selkirk-Akerman

-Carolyne Barry

Improv

-Groundlings

-Second City

-Upright Citizens Brigade

-Improv Olympic

-Cynthia Szigeti

Scene Study/Acting (It varies. Some schools are not for everyone. Chubbuck, Eric Morris, and Howard Fine are not for people who aren't fans of Strasberg or Uta Hagen (ie. affective memory and substitution.) Playhouse West, Joanne Baron/DW Brown, Elizabeth Mestnik, and Acting Corps are more Meisner oriented. Try to audit these places and make sure if they're for you or not.

-Doug Warhit

-Stephen Book

-Diana Castle

-Beverly Hills Playhouse

-Howard Fine

-Stella Adler

-Elizabeth Mestnik

-Ivanna Chubbuck

-Joanne Baron/D.W. Brown

-Tom Todoroff

-Playhouse West

-Aaron Speiser

-Acting Corps

-Vinny Guastaferro

-Anthony Meindl

Comedy:

-Lesly Kahn

In NY:

-William Esper

-HB Studios

-Stella Adler

-T. Schreiber

-Weist Baron

-Upright Citizens Brigade

-Margie Haber

-Redwall Productions (Rosalyn Coleman)

-Neighborhood Playhouse

-Circle in the Square

• mattu
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

you have not have been given a resume in case you have not modeled professionally or acted professionally. additionally MODELING AND performing ARE completely different!!!! i in basic terms had to rigidity that. they are actually not something alike. to be a modle at age 12, you may desire to be a minimum of 5'7", placed on a undeniable length, have a face that fits their mildew of what a sort is (it quite is extremely particular and uncommon) and actual have an agent to get you paintings (it quite is extremely aggressive). you cant in basic terms say youre a sort, you actual could desire to get employed as one and be signed as one, it quite isn't any ordinary activity. that is going double for performing- in case you have not any performing journey, you have not any resume. a resume is in basic terms a itemizing of jobs you have had in that field. in case you do not meet the actual standards to be a sort, that profession wont be a possiblity. the modeling marketplace is extremely harsh and that they pass on seems, top and physique, era. the performing marketplace is likewise extremely aggressive. till you initiate auditioning for performs, you wont have a resume, so concentration on that. as for modeling, that could desire to be a very different resume if yu did have journey

• 10 years ago

No.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.