Jen asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 10 years ago

Has anyone else taken Cymbalta and had these side effects?

I started taking Cymbalta on Friday for arthritis pain and for nerve pain due to a herniated disc. I am already almost pain free however I am having some pretty bad side effects. I am naseous and weak. I slept from about 10:00 pm last night to 1:00 this afternoon only waking up a few times for about twenty minutes. Has anyone else had these side effects and if so how long do they last? I really think this medicine is going to help me but wanted some input from others because I tend to have bad reactions to medicine. I'm hoping others have experienced this and it's gone away rather quickly.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Cymbalta (duloxetine hydrochloride) is an antidepressant marketed by Eli Lilly. It is a dual reuptake inhibitor of serotonin and norepinephrine.

Cymbalta is approved to treat major depression. It has also been used off-label to treat panic disorder, anxiety, fibromyalgia, stress urinary incontinence, and irritable bowel syndrome.

According to the official Cymbalta website, common side effects may include nausea, dry mouth, constipation, fatigue, decreased appetite, sleepiness, and increased sweating.

See the experiences of other people taking Cymbalta http://drugs.healthdiaries.com/cymbalta-side-effec...

Source(s): me
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.