acne is ruining my life, seriously, helppp?!?

i had acne, i don't know if it's mild, moderate or severe or whatever the one is :L

I've had it since i was like 10/11, 12.. years old.

i'm now 14 and it's literally getting worse. Seriously. I get white heads sometimes, i hardly ever, get cysts which then end up with pus. i know, gross!

and like spots that are noticeable, and bumps on my skin. It's horrible.

I do wear makeup, which is probably the reason why i get spots, but if i didn't wear makeup, trust me. you'll be so grossed out. i look HORRIBLE without makeup!

i don't eat a lot of sweets, i don't think, or chocolate! i drink the ..occasional water (well juice..)

i have used products like neutrogena, simple, clean n clear, um. tesco products! which hazel, tea tree! sudo Cream, the honey thing, scrubs, the lemon thing, the cucumber mask, erm.. i forgot the rest, it would probably come back to me once i ask this! but so many products it's ridiculous. all that money for nothing!!!

i cleanse, tone and moisturize. everyday. My face gets oily, my fringe gets greasy ( i have a sweep fringe thing) erm. yeah.

it's disgusting. my makeup doesn't even hide it, so i apply more makeup to try and hide it, which is probably making it worse. But my makeup seems to disappear when it gets to like lunchtime at school:/ i can't stand it some days. i literally wish i can take days off school. I hate looking in the mirror cos all i see is spots. I hate taking photos sometimes, cos it seems to pick out my spots (unless it has a effect on like black n white, or like make th settings brighter) it's RUINING MY LIFEEEE!

i just want to be like, pretty? well at least FEEL pretty!

i don't want people to be like judging me because i have acne. like 'ew shes a tramp cos shes got lots of spots'

i don't mean to sound too dramatic. i just want them to go!

i welcome ANY help! if your like a dermatologist, or someone who battled spots for years and found a Solution to get rid of them, that would be soooo cool! pls tell me any remedies. or somethingg!

please help me,

thanksssss :(

Favorite Answer

You can only CONTROL and REDUCE acne because there is an INTERNAL problem with your body: Your sebaceous glands are abnormal - they are producing excess sebum which causes acne. Do The Following FOUR Things EVERYDAY To Keep Acne Under Control!

STEP 1 WASH, TONE, MOISTURIZE FACE TWICE A DAY

Wash, Tone, Moisturize face 2 times a day, morning and night (possibly 3rd time, midday, if super oily/sweating or after exercising). Only use products that are labeled oil-free, won't clog pores, non-comedogenic, or non-acnegenic!

Try this natural and gentle face routine:

Wash Face with warm water & cleanser - Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar/Wash by Johnson & Johnson.

Tone Face with liquid toner/astringent - Thayers Witch Hazel or Dickinsons Witch Hazel. Witch Hazel is gentle, non-drying, reduces bacteria/swelling, helps prevent acne, minimizes pore size.

Moisturize Face with an oil-free moisturizer - Lily Of The Desert Aloe Vera Gelly, its 99% organic, contains Vitamin A, C, E! Aloe is gentle, helps renew skin cells, heals blemishes/scars. Don't use other brands of aloe, has very little aloe and to much junk in it which can irritate skin!

EXTRA TIP: Dabbing a LITTLE BIT of milk of magnesia on your face will control oily skin and help shrink pimples! Google search the words "milk of magnesia oily skin" and "milk of magnesia acne" for more information!

STEP 2 KEEP HANDS, HAIR, OTHER STUFF CLEAN

Keep dirt & bacteria at bay to prevent breakouts! Always wash hands before applying face products! Don't rest hands on your face! Don't let dirty oily hair touch face! Change your pillowcase often! Clean eyeglasses and phones everyday! Wash or replace makeup tools often!

STEP 3 DRINK THREE IMPORTANT LIQUIDS EVERYDAY

WATER: Drinking about 64 oz of pure water everyday improves skin quality, flushes out toxins, delivers nutrients to skin! You can also include 100% Fruit Juice or 100% Vegetable Juice as part of your daily total.

LEMON WATER: Vitamin C improves skin quality, produces collagen (essential skin protein), reduces wrinkles, helps wounds heal. Every morning start your day with one glass of lemon water. Drink lemon water on an empty stomach, one hour before you eat breakfast to make this remedy work effectively. Squeeze one fresh lemon & some of the pulp into a glass of lukewarm water. You can add a little honey to cut down the tartness. Lemon water helps clear acne, cleanses the liver, flushes out toxins. The acid in lemons can damage tooth enamel, so brush your teeth immediately after drinking this!

CARROT JUICE: Vitamin A keeps skin healthy, reduces sebum/oil production, helps skin cells to shed normal, reduces the size of large skin pores. Drink 1 serving (8 oz.) of 100% carrot juice everyday. You can buy Bolthouse Farms 100% Carrot Juice at most grocery stores. Caution! Overdosing on Vitamin A is toxic & dangerous! Eating to much beta-carotene will turn your skin orange!

EXTRA TIPS: Eating a VARIETY and ALOT of FRUITS and VEGETABLES everyday will help keep skin clear! Foods and liquids that are high in fat, oil, sugar, salt, sodium should be eaten in MODERATION! Milk has been linked to acne, so drink Rice Milk instead! Take a vitamin mineral supplement daily! Buy book The Clear Skin Diet by Alan C. Logan & Valori Treloar.

STEP 4 ACTIVATE YOUR SKIN

AEROBIC EXERCISE is the MOST EFFECTIVE way to clear up acne, but try to do at least 1 of these 3 activities EVERYDAY to activate your skin:

Aerobic Exercise increases circulation & delivery of nutrients to skin cells, encourages good blood supply, helps remove toxins, controls acne breakouts! Do 20 to 30 minutes of exercise everyday or every other day! Drink Water! Immediately take a shower to remove sweat & dirt!

Face Massage improves acne prone skin because it removes toxins away from the face & delivers nutrients to the skin. A lymphatic massage (massaging the lymph nodes on the face) can also improve your skin! You can also buy a book on face massage, such as Ten Minute Facelift by Jennie Harding. Directions: Wash face. Apply toner. WASH HANDS & then use aloe vera as massage gel. Do 10 min massage before going to bed. Don't wash face again, let aloe dry on face.

Clarisonic Sonic Skin Cleansing System (electronic face brush with sonic power) will keep acne prone skin clear and smooth! Check out the Clarisonic website. Do not use cleanser that comes with this product, buy Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash. If the Clarisonic is to expensive, buy the Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System. Use facial brush once or twice a day. Don't use facial brush if you have pustular acne or serious sensitive skin!

BUY STUFF AT THESE WEBSITES:

Face Products: Amazon. The Vitamin Shoppe. Google Search Product Name

Clarisonic Cleansing System: Amazon. Clarisonic website

Olay Pro-X Cleansing System: Amazon. Target. Walmart

Books: Amazon website

1

Source(s): I Cured My Acne - http://AcneAway.raiwi.com/?pOdp

I used to have the same problem! You would never be able to tell now! I used to literally try eveything, but it's like nothing worked, it was embarrassing and hurt my confidence a ton. This is honestly the best thing to do, go to a dermatologist. I know it's expensive but it will be the only thing to work. My doctor put me on medicine and gave me face treatment and my skin looks perfect now even without makeup, which is crazy cuase my skin was horrible! Drinking a ton of water helps because it's cleaning out your system. If your skin is oily don't use any moisturizer. The reason why the store products don't work is because they aren't going to put enough to REALLY help because it might be too harsh on some people and that's a liability thing. The stuff you'll be prescribed from the dermatologist is going to be the thing that works, it might take a month or two, but it's worth it. And last but nor least I cannot go without saying that I believe God had everything to do with it and I thank him everyday for such a small thing that meant the world to me. (:

Hope I helped!

Hi!

Im 16 and acne hasn't been a problem for me when I was younger. But what I think you should do is NOT wear makeup, or at least not overload on it. If you really want to wear makeup, wear Neutrogena or Almay makeup.

Here are some makeup tips for Oily skin:

Use only water-based makeup that is oil free and labeled non-comedogenic.

Use a foundation free of fragrances for sensitive skin prone to irritation.

Always use fresh makeup. Pay attention to the expiration date on the cosmetics: if it's past its date, don't use it.

Keep the skin clean by washing twice a day in warm water and mild soap. Use astringents on oily skin only if the skin is not also sensitive and prone to acne.

Never use harsh soaps to wash oil skin. Be cautious with facial masks, which may remove oil temporarily, but aggravate the sensitive skin of the face and spur the skin cells to produce extra oil afterward.

Without exception, remove the foundation and other cosmetics nightly before going to bed.

A powder-based makeup is less likely to clog pores than a liquid makeup.

If using a liquid foundation, don't apply it thickly. Apply it with a light touch and layer it in areas that need more coverage.

Keep all cosmetics applicators, including sponges, brushes, and fingers, clean and free of bacteria.

I recommend you go see a dermatologist and ask him or her what you should do about it.

You shouldn't go from one brand to another because using all those chemicals on your skin makes you break out even more. You can't expect your acne to disappear within a day or two. It takes weeks or even a month to see changes, so you should stick to one product for at least a month.

Try, Proactiv. I hear its supposed to work wonders on your skin. Try it for a month and see how you like it. BTW if you order it, make sure you ask for there green tea moisturizer... I hear its amazing!

Another tip is to change your pillow case once every week! Every time you sleep, oils and nasty stuff get on your pillow case so by changing it at least once a week, you can prevent those oils from getting into your skin.

I hope this helped, and good luck! :)

- Jessica

Acne For Life

DONT use face scrubs, it will only make your acne worse. When you was your face, dont use hot water - make sure it's luke warm (not too hot or not too cold.) Hot water clogs your pores, which cause pimples. The best thing to do is wash your face twice a day (when you wake up and before you go to sleep.) Washing your face too much can also result in your acne getting worse, as your skin needs the natural oils it produces. Try steaming your face once a week for ten minutes. I wouldn't encourage you to use any face products such as clean and clear - it doesnt really make a difference X

Go to you Gp or doctor and ask if "retin -A" would help. My skin use to be terribly and now i get the occasional one or two and it soon goes. i also get some tablet which came with it so it slow down the hormones. but to get the "Retin -A" you'll need to book a appointment through the Doctor cause they cant scribe it to you only the hospital doctors can. I got told no matter how many times you wash your face it will not change the spots but it will keep the skin clean from oils and infection and what ever you do DO NOT pick them cause they will be expose the air and more terribly infection will .happen.

Hope it helps

Poss on how you did

cheers

Thats alot to take in but ill start by saying im 17 and i used to have acne like yours. You have acne right now because your going through puberty and you horumones are going crazy which can cazy out breaks like when its that time of the month you face proboly tends to get a little worse than normal but im a guy so i didnt have that problem. But first when you buy an acne product theirs a few thing you can look for first look for salicylic acid atleat 1.5 or 2% also look for benzoyl peroxide. You cam also look for product that say oil free or wont cause excess oil. Its important to use the product as directed dont over use it it can work against you. The second thing you can do is start to eat healthy that means no proccesed foods like sweets or chips. Try to eat veggies and fruit. And drink plenty of water. And yes make up does make acne worse i seen girl who had very little ance and they wore make up to try and cover it up it just mad it inflammed and worse. So try this and talk to you parents about going

Source(s): To the doctor you dont have to always go to a dermatologist. Hope this helps
  • Area

Acne usually occurs when the oil glands of the skin start producing excess oil. Even though acne does not pose any health threats it can leave scars on your face. Acne is a skin condition that affects people of all ages and is not an adolescent disease. Even though acne does not cause health problems, it is important that you get the right treatment for acne. Many women have complained of acne flaring up after giving birth. No one knows the cause of acne and most people rely on hearsay when dealing with acne. Also, there is no sure shot treatment for acne. If your doctor has suggested a treatment, you will have to wait for at least 3 weeks to see any improvements. Most doctors will suggest natural treatment for acne as it effective, simple and affordable. To get rid of acne you can crush orange peel and mix it with normal water and apply the mixture on the affected area. You can also apply lemon juice to reduce pimples. Some people rub raw garlic on the affected area to reduce acne. You can grate cucumber and apply it on the affected area. Some people apply Fenugreek paste on the affected area before going to bed. In the morning they use warm water to wash their face. The food that you have can also cause acne. Eating at odd hours, high sugar consumption and eating fried food can cause acne. If you suffer from the problem of irregular bowels, toxins and junk is not eliminated from body which can result in acne and other skin diseases. Almost all people suffer from acne at some point in their life and most of them forget how it can affect them. However, it can be treated provided you don't panic and avoid using harsh medicines and cream. //......

hahaha people call you a tramp because you have acne?

thats really strange.

anyways, i too get pretty bad acne. im really break out prone, yet i have normal skin that can be on the dry side.

but the chocolate and water thing is a myth.

water can help, but its only because it keeps your body hydrated allowing it to work at its peak. keeping you hydrated allows you to pee more and get rid of toixns etc.

the thing that is bad though is greasy goods, and its not because of the food, its because you eat it with your hands, and then you touch your face transferring the oils.

so make sure to wash your hands after you eat.

also its not necessarily about the products you use, its more about the active ingredients, and even the inactive ones.

this article has some ingredients you want and some you dont want, and also gives a few other tips:

http://www.beautyriot.com/makeup-beauty/11-secrets...

but also your makeup may have a lot to do with it.

especially if you dont do a good job taking it off at night.

and some makeups use a different base, and some bases are known to clog your pores and cause acne.

i dont know which ones, but look up your makeup brands base and then figure out if that one is known to clog pores.

some bases are wax, talc, mineral, etc. i dont really know all the names sorry

but the only good home made method is tea tree oil. because tea tree oil is an antimicrobial. you should use it as a toner after using your acne face wash.

use an acne face wash with salicylic acid - sal acid is designed to exfoliate dead skin and clear out the follicles.

then use your home made tea tree oil toner.

then i like to use an anti bacterial clearing lotion. the one i like the most is by kate somerville, and she uses encapsulated benzoyl peroxide at 5%. encapsulated benzoyl peroxide is time release, and therefore it wont dry your skin out.

she also has other ingredients that help control oil production.

after that be sure to use an OIL FREE MOISTURIZER.

make sure its oil free. oil free is meant for people with acne. and if you have dry or combo skin, make sure to do some research on one that has good moisturizing properties. because some people with dry skin buy oil free ones and complain that it doesnt provide enough moisture

and for a spot treatment i like to use one with sulfur.

sulfur helps dry out those pimples that have developed. it dries them out and dramtically reduces it overnight - if not get rid of it completely.

the one with the highest concentration is also by kate somerville and is called eradikate.

the one i use is by mario badescu and is called drying lotion. it doesnt have the highest concentration, but is good for people with sensitive skin

they can both be found at nordstrom, and kate's can also be found at sephora and most department stores.

id highly recommend investing in a spot treatment like this. one because its fairly cheap compared to other good skin care products (only 15-22$). and will last for a really long time.

if you need any other help please feel free to send me a message on here and we can exchange emails and talk skin care : )

Do not try any acne creme because it wud make your face worst! You shud get some tooth paste and put some on your face untill you think it time to take it of but dont leave it to long ! I am 14 and i always do this and i dont get acne its weird when i do