Why do working class men still join the Military?

Before I start elaborating I really do not mean or intend any offence to current service people or families of the dead. I’m just trying to ascertain why young men and women put their lives on the line for what I would describe as a criminal political elite who use those same men and women for their own corrupt... show more Before I start elaborating I really do not mean or intend any offence to current service people or families of the dead. I’m just trying to ascertain why young men and women put their lives on the line for what I would describe as a criminal political elite who use those same men and women for their own corrupt purposes.
I could not do what those service people do and I have the highest respect and regard for them but just can’t work out how they don’t know they are being used. What is the attraction and is it just a matter that they are just not politically astute enough to know any better. The allure of an exciting life with a rifle excites them? Is it tradition?
Now I am no wishy washy Liberal or pacifist, I do believe in protecting our country, our people when there is reasonable justification to do so, but not in this case.

This is due to the following reasons, Several Hundred personnel dead in Iraq and Afghanistan wars that were completely unjustifiable. Is it right that a young man should lay down his life for corrupt and unjustifiable policies?
Then again we had statements from Brown and Blair that ‘to fight in Afghanistan means that Terrorism could not be transported to the UK’. Well Islamic Terrorism is already here, Home grown British Muslims are attacking us, and the mistake was Mass Muslim immigration i.e. a deliberate policy to plant millions of people of foreign mindsets in our country a natural disaster in itself. Is that what the troops are dying for?

In other words corrupt political self serving elite are telling our boys to lay down their lives in defence of their country so it can be given away by the back door. Our jobs are transported all over the world so the economic elite can profit. At home we fair no better 70% of our laws come from Brussels, we never got a say about it in referenda. Old people die of cold every winter and our care homes that contain many ex service people are like pigsties and the people are treated like dirt.

During the 1984 Miners strike White British working class men were humiliated, beaten and jailed by a Police Force especially driven in for such a purpose. The Miners only wanted to work and nothing more. Now compare that if the same tactics were used on a Muslim protest?

When there are ex servicemen sleeping rough in the doorways of London and other cities and Muslim and other asylum seekers are put up in 1st class accommodation.
Finally watching Trooping the colour this morning Prince Philip in his 90th Year along with the Queen and Blair-Brown et al who will die peaceful deaths in their beds and be remembered forever in their memoirs. Who will remember the 19 year old kid who died where he should not in the prime of youth to keep a dirty stinking establishment alive? Only his family and comrades
Is the lives of those heroes worth that. In other words our troops are protecting our own oppression, protecting a farce so to speak.
Finally would you support service personnel who just walked away on that basis?
Update: Re Travis. I mean it’s one’s life, precious as it is and if a person is prepared to give that up without question, then it’s a very sad indictment. I fully support the people with boots on the ground as you say but like every employee they are owed a duty of care. Beastie: I fully take your point, and I don’t... show more Re Travis.

I mean it’s one’s life, precious as it is and if a person is prepared to give that up without question, then it’s a very sad indictment. I fully support the people with boots on the ground as you say but like every employee they are owed a duty of care.

Beastie: I fully take your point, and I don’t think making a comparison with the military to make a political point is low. The death of troops is worth asking if it is worth it. I think you lost the point on this one. I not sure which Glasgow strike you refer to. But I refer you to the 1919 battle of George Square in Glasgow. The City was shut down and curfew by English Troops, prepared to fire and kill Glasgow workers. Scottish Regiments were confined to barracks. If that is not using British troops to suppress your own people and kill them if need be on behalf of the establishment and If a Trooper can’t question that and it’s just a job, then he has been turned in an automaton. Immigration has nothing to do with the mili