Please explain you interpretation or understanding of this quote:?

Please explain you interpretation or understanding of this quote:

"The pleasure of life is the pain of living; what you take out is replaced by giving."

I have my own ideas, however I'm interested in reading your thoughts - Thanks!

Favorite Answer

I think it basically means that everything in life is a trade off. You need to feel pain to feel happiness.

basically, what this guy is saying is that he likes just living, the average ho hum of a day is what makes his day. and the way that you look at life, is how life is going to come to you. if you think everything pretty much sucks, then its going to feel like its all bad. its sorta the whole is the glass half full or half empty thing. what you take out (of life) is replaced by (what life) [gives] (you)

hope this is what you were lookin for!

This statement simply means that you need to give until it hurts. You should not discriminate at all when you give. Give to those who are in need, but also to those who don't need anything at all. Hence you will have no pleasure in life, but instead, there will also be no pain. If you would like, we could arrange a way for you to give as much as you can to me.