Beta Blockers and Ace Inhibitors can someone help me?

I am 45, 10 years ago my BP sky rocketed (from 120/70 to 170/110) I was put on Lisinopril and Atenolol (lowest doses) they worked great. My Doctor moved and now my new Doctor has put me on Metoprolol 25mg. It is making my hands and feet numb and cold, not good per pharmacist. This is a SMALL town, and I have... show more I am 45, 10 years ago my BP sky rocketed (from 120/70 to 170/110) I was put on Lisinopril and Atenolol (lowest doses) they worked great.
My Doctor moved and now my new Doctor has put me on Metoprolol 25mg. It is making my hands and feet numb and cold, not good per pharmacist.
This is a SMALL town, and I have asked to be put on the first 2 but they will not change them till I take Metoprolol for at least 30 days. (its been a bit over a week).
This makes NO sense.
Any suggestions on how to convince Doctor to switch me?
Thank you.
Update: Also the Pharmacist told me that one type works thru the kidneys the other via the heart (Betas and Aces), which would be better for you, or worse? something effecting your kidneys or your heart. ***** Plus this is a REALLY small town and there are no more Doctor openings so its not as if I can switch Physicians. I... show more Also the Pharmacist told me that one type works thru the kidneys the other via the heart (Betas and Aces), which would be better for you, or worse? something effecting your kidneys or your heart.
*****
Plus this is a REALLY small town and there are no more Doctor openings so its not as if I can switch Physicians. I have to work with the one I have.