Is it okay to drink alcohol if you have non alcoholic fatty liver disease?

because theres a party this weekend and I never drink and I want to try some but not if it's going to mess up my liver more....

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Will
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

No, it's not OK. Talk to your doctor about this.

• 9 years ago

Thats a really stupid question. Absolutely NOT! Unless you have a death wish. It does not matter if you have a non-alcoholic liver disease. Liver disease is live disease and alcohol attacks the liver. You don't want to make it worse by drinking. Use your head. Would you want to make your liver disease worse? Alcohol eats away at the liver every time alcohol is absorbed in it. So please, have some willpower. You don't need to drink to have a good time. and even one drink can be potentially very very harmful for you. If you do choose to drink, you're gonna have a lousy time st the party because you'll be too busy thinking about the consequences of that one drink. Have some strength and smarts. DON"T DO IT!

• 4 years ago

Fatty liver disease affects a whopping 30% of the population. That's 30 out of every 100 people! And some estimates have it at 33%.

And if you're overweight, it's even worse overweight people are extremely more likely than healthy weight individuals to develop this condition.

In other words, you're not alone. Not by a long shot.

Other fatty liver sufferers have reversed their condition, lost weight, and rediscovered their energy, using completely natural remedies. And that means you can, too!

Keep reading to discover more...

• Karen
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

A few shots is not going to hurt you. The liver disease you are talking about is very very slow in progressing and one night of naughtiness is not going to do anything. Enjoy yourself but don't get out of control and falling down drunk. Happy New Year early!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

I don't think so because if a person already has liver disease such as NAFLD or any other liver disease it will speed up the process of becoming cirrhosis or if a person already has cirrhosis then that is really really hard on the liver

• 9 years ago

No. An toxin gives the liver a hard time. Don't do this to a faulty liver.

• 9 years ago

Also can't mix alcohol and acitamenophen.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.