Why does my dad hate me for being gay?

My dad is putting me down and making me feel bad. He keeps asking me why I don't go to church and I told him I have not gone to church in years and never will. He said I need to stop this and get a life so God can help me. I said WTF? I live my life as I choose. You and mom raised me and now I live the life I... show more My dad is putting me down and making me feel bad. He keeps asking me why I don't go to church and I told him I have not gone to church in years and never will. He said I need to stop this and get a life so God can help me. I said WTF? I live my life as I choose. You and mom raised me and now I live the life I want. Then he went on about how being gay was wrong and how I was doomed to a life that is terrible and how I'm a nobody and how I will never graduate from college and how no guy in the world would ever date me.

I have post traumatic stress disorder so 5 out of 7 nights of the week I don't sleep. My family knows I'm gay and are ok with it. Mom told dad that if he did not accept me as his gay son she would leave him. Ever since yesterday he has been hurting my feelings. I got no sleep last night. I was so anxious to know some answers and was crying because I feel that no one loves me for who I am. I barely have friends except for people here on yahoo that I meet and my one guy friend who lives in my town.

I'm 22 years old and a college student. My town is homophobic. If there are any gays they're hiding. There's no LGBT centers or gay clubs. Money is a problem because I have tuition and rent to pay so moving is no good now. I am so sad and depressed and I kept thinking of suicide all last night saying if I was not good enough for anyone that no guy would ever love me. My mom said she would have another talk with dad but I doubt he will listen.

What should I do? All I want is to be loved by someone. Am I such a bad person that I am going burn in hell? Does God hate me for being gay? I am proud to be gay but with my life it is so bad I just want to end it.