promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What do you think of Alabama's tough new immigration law?

Under the new measure, police must detain someone they suspect of being in the country illegally if the person cannot produce proper documentation when stopped for any reason.

It also will be a crime to knowingly transport or harbor someone who is in the country illegally. The law imposes penalties on businesses that knowingly employ someone without legal resident status. A company's business license could be suspended or revoked.

The law requires Alabama businesses to use a database called E-Verify to confirm the immigration status of new employees.

"We have a real problem with illegal immigration in this country," Bentley said after signing the law. "I campaigned for the toughest immigration laws and I'm proud of the Legislature for working tirelessly to create the strongest immigration bill in the country."

Alabama governor signs nation's toughest immigration law

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/09/us-immig...

16 Answers

Relevance
  • mimi
    Lv 6
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

i think a lot of states are going to take this stance with illegals.If the US Govt wont do it then the states are going to have to.We have allowed illegals to come here and live off the states and my taxes long enough.We do not need uneducated,breeding illegals here with our economy the way it is.Its only a burden to us.Im hoping that Texas will follow suit, we have many unemployed people here that could use the jobs that illegals are taken.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

I say it's great. It is about time people stand up for what we know to be right, in spite of all this so called liberalism. I have no problem with the Mexican people so long as they obey our laws. It's about time we stopped worrying about whether we are offending other individuals or their culture.

This is America and our country---and by damn we have laws that must be obeyed or else have nothing but chaos in our land. I have always thought that (illegal meant illegal) and had nothing to do with human rights or anything else. Right is right and wrong is wrong no matter who you are or what your intentions are or what you feel about anything. Even our God in heaven expects order in people's lives and EXPECTS THEM TO OBEY THE LAW OF THE LAND.....

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

It seems like the immigrants you have problems with are mostly Mexicans. Since I'm not actually American, I see the law as a little too tough.Or maybe that's just my little girl mind being too kind? By the way, just to clear this up:I'm not Mexican. But I speak Spanish though. :)

Source(s): Just little ol' me and my sweet lil' opinion....
  • Aiko
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

i find it great i mean...alot of people always say that we should help others too, but...if immigrants come to the u.s and they don´t pay their taxes, they don´t respect the laws of the country then it´s better if they go back where they came from. i don´t have nothing against immigrants but the u.s has the right to take care first for their american citizens. no country wants to have millions of immigrants and not respecting their laws.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

I think that California should do the same.Great job Alabama!

• Rod
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

I think it's great!

I wish the Texas legislature would build up the intestinal fortitude to pass something just as strong, if not more so.

• 9 years ago

I think it's great. It's about time we start detaining and deporting them. I wonder if we could start deporting them to Antarctica or somewhere else really far away so they don't come back. That would be even better!

• 9 years ago

Good for Alabama!

• KIZE
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

I wish every state would do this. Just means they will run out of Alabama to these states who pander to them just as they did Ari.

• 9 years ago

Sounds great! Just need more states to follow these shinning examples.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.