Could some of you Creationists explain to me why being related to a chimp is insulting?

I mean, I often hear the argument "because they fling their poo at each other!" But how is that worse than some of the terrible things human beings do? Human beings throw ATOMIC BOMBS at each other, for Pete's sake. That's even worse! The next argument I hear is "because chimps are... show more I mean, I often hear the argument "because they fling their poo at each other!" But how is that worse than some of the terrible things human beings do? Human beings throw ATOMIC BOMBS at each other, for Pete's sake. That's even worse!

The next argument I hear is "because chimps are ugly!" Well, besides the fact that that's just plain old mean and utterly subjective, have you seen Keith Richards? That man's a walking geriatric heroine-chic sack of bones! (No offense, Keith - I love you!!!). I'd much rather look at a cute little chimp than poor Keith.

And lastly, I hear the argument "because chimps are stupid!" Come on, haven't you ever heard Sarah Palin try to explain her foreign policy qualifications? You gotta admit, humanity has some pretty stupid members. Besides, chimps are actually very intelligent - enough to learn sign language and how to read, and how to recognize themselves in the mirror. That's smarter than most young children! Personally, I like the idea of being a member of the smartest animal species on the planet (humans).
Update: Jesus, why are you assuming that evolution is anti-God? I'm not debating the existence of God; I'm just arguing for evolution!

And as I said before, chimps are capable of brain processes that ARE superior to some humans.