No internet access through router.?
I own a trendnet TEW-651BR. My ISP's internet is just fine. I can directly plug in the Ethernet and use the internet. However, when I plug it into the router I have no internet access. I have tried resetting the router, changing channels and security options, however, I get no access.
I have entered ipconfig/all in cmd.exe. The part I get for the adapter used to connect to router is:
Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection
Description: DW1501 Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card
Physical Address : C4-46-19-3F-74-08
DCHP Enabled : Yes
Auto configuration enabled : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address : fe80::82a:b7c2:23a6:37b5%12 (preferred)
IPv4 Address : 192.168.10.102 (Preferred)
Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained : Thursday, June 09, 2011 blah blah time
Lease Expires : Thursday June 16, 2011 blah blah time
Default Gateway : 192.168.10.1
DHCP Server : 192.168.10.1
DHCPv6 IAID : 230966809
DHCPv6 Client DUID : 00-01-00-01-13-CF-BD-3B-A4-BA-DB-D9-C4-D9
DNS Servers : 192.168.10.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip : Enabled
If the information posted compromises my internet security please tell me and I will remove the question.
- dingleberryLv 59 years agoBest Answer
1. access your router via web browser
2. go to your security settings, find out what you have it set to 64 bit wep, 128 bit wep, wpa/psk etc.
3. remember it, now find your "ssid/ channel" settings and go to them
4. make sure you are broadcasting your ssid (the name of your netwok)
6. from your laptop, go to your ssid as if you were gonna try to log into it, right click it and select properties
7. go to the "security" tab
8. set your security type to "shared" (may be different depending on your security setting) and manually type in your password into the box
....this is all just a trouble shooting possibility
start with a 64 bit wep encryption on your router, and then make the connection changes on your laptop manually. if it works, you can then try upping it to a more secure encryption type