What are the benefits of a military member banking with USAA?

Best Answer

With USAA, your pay is direct-deposited a day in advance, the folks at USAA understand deployments, TDYs, allotments, and all the other "fun" thing that go along with military, and they offer some really competitive rates on car loans and credit cards. You also have the option to use their Deposit@Home feature, which allows you to use your scanner to upload any checks you would like to deposit. USAA also reimburses you for any ATM service charges you incur (with a limit of $15 per month, but you shouldn't reach that).

My husband and I switched from Wells Fargo to USAA about a year ago, and we couldn't be happier with USAA. Their customer service has been fantastic every time I called, and I've never had an issue with online banking.

The only drawback I've found so far is being unable to deposit cash in a quick, expedient manner. You have to request a deposit envelope, wait for it to arrive, secure your cash inside, mail it back, and wait for it to be deposited, which can kind of be a hassle. But otherwise, everything's good!

Source(s): USAF wife and USAA member
  • risher

Usaa Member Benefits

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): benefits military member banking usaa: https://tr.im/upB2L
  • Cheryl

There are so many different answers to one simple question. I just talked with a customer representative via my phone and she told me that I could not become a member because although I had relatives that served in the Military as an officer, I could only be approved if my parents served in the Military. The only exception was if I or my spouse served in a high ranking position in the FBI or CIA. I spoke with a friend two days ago whose mother had divided a Mutual Fund savings account with USAA among her three sons. The last update he received on his account showed a 6.5% interest payment. Many replies have stated that USAA is "just a bank". I know of no bank in the "civilian" sector that pays that amount of interest. My credit union pays .25% on it's checking accounts and .75% on savings accounts. Any thoughts?

Usaa Benefits