Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

legit partial unemployment (Connecticut)?

I've worked a year in the state of Connecticut as a part time employee with full time hours (30-40hrs weekly) and decided to move down to Florida with my mate. I was offer a higher full time position down in Florida (Same Company) and when I arrived they declined me from getting this position and demoted me to a lower position. I went from making 350 weekly and got cut down to 80 dollars a week. OUTCH =(

With no help from corporate offices I was in a panic mode and decided to file for unemployment. I was advised over the phone that leaving my job would lower my chances of collecting and I should file for partial unemployment. Days and weeks went by and nothing was processed, so I called up and they went ahead and approved my claim since nothing was heard from the company.

Do I have full rights for my partial unemployment? I did move down to Florida with my mate so he can go to college down here, but the company did not tell me to (even they offered me a full time position while still working in CT). Can the company still counter the claim, even if I'm collecting still?

These people sure did a number on me, help!

Side note: I filled for Connecticut Unemployment and collecting in Florida.

Favorite Answer

Here is an article about unemployment law in Connecticut: http://ctlawhelp.org/your-rights-when-you-apply-fo...

And this one talks about collecting unemployment in CT if you quit your job: http://ctlawhelp.org/unemployment-compensation-whe...

I hope these help!

Source(s): ctlawhelp.org

Partial unemployment is more for the people who work lets say, 2 days out of the week when they used to work 5. They work those 2 days, then file for partial unemployment for the other 3 days. I dont think you're eligible for partial unemployment for just having your hours cut back. Check with your state's unemployment office.