why is my email address sending spam emails?

i got some calls this morning from people listed in my email contacts list asking me why ive started sending spam emails this came as a shock because i wouldnt do that, after login in to my emails i found lots of delivery failure messages for the ones that didnt get through. whats going on ??? ??????? my email provider didnt seem that interested prob thought i was makin it up or something how do i stop this?????????????????????????????????????????

Favorite Answer

I had that same problem with AOL & they would never do anything to fix it. It happened all the time! So, I switched to Gmail.. it's much better and never has any problems. :)

Source(s): Myself
  • Lyn G

Sounds like your E-mail account has been compromised, or you picked up a virus.

Immediately have your computer checked for a 'bug' or 'bugs.' If you have the proper programs, do the scans yourself, if not you need to take your computer to some one who can.

Once it is clean of pests, install a firewall and an anti-virus program if you do not have one yet.

I strongly recommend a program for malware and adware also.

After you finish this, then go in and change your password, using a good strong one.

Also, check your account information and make sure no information was changed, if it was change it back immediately.

Then, you will have to inform your contacts that it was not you sending that mail, but they need to check their computers in case they were also infected.

i got a virus that did that same thing. run a good virus protection program and it should stop