Who is better Peyton Manning or Eli Manning?

At first, all of you will think Peyton, I would too.

Stats wise, Peyton is way better. Eli is a interception machine.

Even career stats, Peyton blows him out of the water

But the reason why I ask this is because, it took Peyton Manning 9 years to get his first Superbowl win.

Eli Manning it took 4 years or so.

So based on that last part, could Eli better better?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Peyton carries the Colts. I honestly think they would be a 4 or 5 win team if he wasn't there. Instead they win at least 10 games every year. Even this year with all the injuries, no run game, pass protection problems, and a struggling defense they still won their division and fielded the #4 offense.

The most important career stats to look at to see what seperates the two (other than td/int) are completion % and qb rating...

Peyton- 64.9 comp % / 94.9 QB rating

Eli- 58.0 comp% / 80.2 QB rating

Eli is just nowhere near Peyton's level. He's still a good QB, just much more average.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

Its not even close. Eli Manning played really well down the stretch of the regular season and in the playoffs the year the Giants won the Super Bowl, but he wasn't the main reason they won.

He's always remembered for somehow getting away from Patriots defenders on that famous toss-up, but David Tyree made the magical catch, and is the guy who really should get the bulk of the credit on that play. Then Eli tossed the eventual game-winner to Plaxico Burress, but the game didn't end until the Giants aggressive defensive line bull-rushed the Patriots into submission on the final drive of the game.

Peyton, on the other hand, won with a less impressive defense and has done so for most of his career. His defenses have always been solid, and sometimes really good, but I'd argue that none of them ever were as good as Eli's was that one year.

And even if you can say Eli had a lot to do with that title win, that still was the only year where he had things remotely together. He's been a pretty inconsistent player, otherwise, while Peyton has been the model of consistency and elite production in all facets for his entire career.

• Ross
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Peyton Manning. Eli throws a lot of interceptions and the year the giants won the superbowl against the Patriots they barley won and everyone was in shock. Peyton has always been better than Eli

• 9 years ago

Peyton Manning, Eli is a bust

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Seriously? Peyton. I'm not a fan of his but anytime he gets the ball the game is never over. With Eli you almost anticipate an interception.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

They both have great arms, but Peyton's is way more accurated. Eli throws way too many picks.

I've always liked Eli (hes been my fantasy QB for three consecutive years) but Peyton Manning is way better, even taking that last part into consideration.

• ?
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

In your, OP's way of comparison, I would say Eli is better.

Eli took 3 years to produce a daughter while Peyton took 10 years to have twin-daughters, which probably the result of technology involved.

• Nick
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Hands down Peyton, Eli is reckless with the ball and throws too much intersections.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Superbowl=Team

Stats=Player Eli didnt even have the better team but to be honest the AFC is a little stronger then the NFC in the playoffs

• 9 years ago

you cant base superbowl wins on how good a player is. By that logic, my great uncle who won a superbowl his rookie year is better then both of them, even though he hardly got in.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.