how many people understand what DoMa is and who in the government is defending it, and why it should be defend?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • rac
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The Defense of Marriage Act was signed by Pres. Ronald Reagan. I believe it was renewed by Clinton and Bush Jr. Pres. Obama has declared that the law is indefensible and he, and his Attorney General, have vowed not to defend it. This is similar to Gov. Schwarzenegger and Atty. Gen'l. Jerry Brown refusing to defend Prop. 8 in California. Basically, the government leaders are declaring that immorality is acceptable and that traditional morality and the family structure, as we know it, is somehow discriminatorily immoral. This hearkens back to the Brave New World of Aldous Huxley and his new-speak. It also hearkens to Isaiah telling us that the time will come when they will call good evil and evil good. Black has become white and white has become black. The time is coming when the people will choose that which is evil and will cast the good people out from among them. When that happens, then we will be ripe for destruction. We are on the path, make no mistake about it.

Source(s): My LDS opinion
  • Hi
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Yer, America spends trillions on defence yet almost nothing defending families; the corner stone of a civilised world.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Defense of Marriage Act. Basically says that same-sex couples will not be recognized by the U.S. Government as a married couple under any circumstances.

There's no defense to the act itself. Its just government legislating morality.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I don't know

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.