What is the point of bringing out new gaming consoles?

Like a PS3 and xbox 720, why not just make it better, becauase all the games you bought will be worthless. And if you have an old system can you still play online with the new one. I dont quite understand the point

Favorite Answer

Hey, Xbox 360 creators and software developers just announced that they will not be making another xbox anytime soon because they think that is stupid. WHat they did do however is make the Kinect which is selling like hotcakes right now and it is fairly new. That is why developers made the kinect so they will not have to make another console which is a very smart move. PS3 followed behind microsoft and made the PS3 move. So both these consoles just added new features to their console to make them last another 5-6 yrs atleast. Nintendo announced they are making a nitendo wii 4 because wii sales are down down down, however wii does not compare to PS3 or xbox 360 gaming. Nintendo also made a nintendo 3ds which is very stupid. Nintendo is the dumbest company. Every yr. they come out with a new ds because they forgot to add a feature to the last one. Dont get me wrong I love Mario, Zelda,etc but those friendly characters don't keep me in front of the tv for hours like call of duty, halo, gears, god of war, left for dead, infamous, uncharted. People may hate me for saying this but nintendo is old news, I think its more for kids, and the Kincect and PS3 move made nintendo wii look like old news. Also Xbox 360, Kinect and Ps3 move are more family oriented/entertaining/kid oriented.....so say goodbye wii. They are making Xbox 360 and PS3 better, they just made the console in slim versions, which are faster than the original but same console. ALso xbox 360 has integrated wifi in it and it is fast. I have the xbox slim and I love it

Xbox 720? Lol.

Anyhow, yes, it would be too much trouble all over to go to each one and update the system. The lifespan of a console is about three to five years. Give it that long, and a new, upgraded/totally new version is released. You can't really upgrade old consoles considering the technology in which it had been made - if you want new, it has to be all new. New technology, better specs, good runtime, etc.

Since new consoles are being brought out all the time, majority of players (I know I definitely don't) forget about their old consoles.The online feature no longer gets used there and is eventually cut off. No players, no business. It would be nice if the old consoles had online compatibility with new ones, but then again, it's like trying to put the PS1 and the PS3 to go online. You can't possibly upgrade the PS1 to the extent where it works like a PS3, considering its technology and age.

The PS3 and 360 have backward compatibility now anyway, where some of the old games from the PS1 and 2, and the original Xbox, respectively, can be played on the new consoles. Not all of the games are playable though, but a good deal of them are.

Source(s): Xbox games that can be played on the 360: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_co... Playstation & Playstation 2 games that can be played on the PS3: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_3...

Because the newer systems can handle better graphics than the old ones, allowing better games to be created. As an example compare the graphics from an Sega Genesis to an xbox 360. There is no comparison. No matter how hard you push that the sega, it will never be able to play anything like the xbox. Also anytime you buy technology of any kind, it rapidly depreciates, much quicker than most other commodities and quickly becomes obsolete. One solution is to not have the newest games, just cause they're old doesn't mean they aren't fun anymore. Buy used, it's cheaper.

specific, you're allowed to deliver interest consoles -- neither the TSA nor the airline limit them from being delivered onboard the airplane the two in carry-on or checked bags. i could for my section propose bringing them in a carry-on bag, nevertheless -- the threat of theft from checked bags is extreme, and if those products are stolen from a checked bag, the airline won't reimburse or compensate you for the loss.

Because then you'd have to upgrade all the consoles already in peoples homes....everywhere.

That would take too long, so they just upgrade the parts and ship out a new console.