interesting facts about pakistan?
i was wondering about pakiistan, do u guys know any interesting facts about pakistan?
- Neon KokugenLv 59 years agoFavorite Answer
* Pakistan has the second largest Muslim population in the world. It is second to Indonesia.
* About one fifth of the population live below the international poverty line (US$1.25 per day).
* More than 60 languages are spoken in Pakistan. English is the official language of Pakistan and is used in government.
* 96% of the population are Muslims. Just over 1.5% are Christians.
* Pakistan has the sixth largest military force in the world.
* Pakistan have cold, dry winters and hot, wet summers.
* Despite once being called the world’s most dangerous country in a British magazine, the tourism industry is growing in Pakistan.
* The official and national sport of Pakistan is field hockey. Cricket, however, is the most popular sport. The national side won the ICC World Cup in 1992.
* Pakistan qualified for the Golf World Cup for the first time in 2009.
* One goal of the current government is to see the literacy rate reach at least 85% over the next few years.
* About 1.7 million refugees from Afghanistan live in Pakistan.
* Pakistan became an Islamic republic in 1956.
* In 1971, there was a civil war in East Pakistan that led to the creation of Bangladesh.
- 6 years ago
The world’s highest paved international road, The Karakoram Highway, is in Pakistan which is the eighth wonder of the world
- 6 years ago
Pakistan has second highest peak in the world K2 and one of the oldest civilizations as well Moenjodaro.
- 5 years ago
Pakistan is the only country except for Israel which is founded around the ideology of religion. :)
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 6 years ago
pakistan is my country it has variety in climate seasnz land minerals beauty intelligence a strong nation that will rise one day thats what i believe bcz i lv my cntry my nation and i lve those ppl who lv their cntry
- 6 years ago
came into being in 1947 not in 1956
- JenniferLv 44 years ago
It used to be a part of India.
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
(1)The first computer virus of the world was created by Pakistanis.
(2)Fourth largest broadband internet system of world is in Pakistan
(3) Arifa karim was the world youngest IT master. She became IT master at age of 9.
(4)Pakistan has seventh biggest pool of engineers and scientists.
(5)Pakistani scientist has formulated A theory on basis of which Higgs bason particles were created. A particles which travels faster than light.
(6) Pakistani army is 4th biggest in the world.
(7) our airforce is 7th biggest.
(8) a Pakistani scientist (DR abdus salam) discovered new electromagnetic forces.
(9) Pakistan was the first country to connect the silicon chip with human brain.
(10) Pakistans intelligence agency ISI has largest amount of spies in this world. And they are operating in each and every country.
(11) A Pakistani pilot in 1965 war has destroyed 5 indian jets in 20 seconds, it is a world record.
(12) Pakistan’s national anthem tune ranks first in the top three tunes of the world.
(13) Pakistani rock band (STRINGS) has created the theme song of spider man2.
(14) Terbela dam is the world largest earth filled Dam which is located in Pakistan.
(15) Pakistan has largest milk processing unit in the world.
(16) Pakistani university (Allama iqbal university) is 4th biggest in world on basis of enrollment.
(17) Pakistan is 3rd largest English speaking nation
(18) Pakistani student (Moeen nawaszish Ali) has broken world record by securing 47 As in O-level.
(19) In the last five years, Pakistan’s literacy rate has grown by 250%, the largest increase in any country to date.
(20) Magnet Supports are installed at CERN today was completely made in Pakistan
(21) ruler, step wells, buttons and furnaces were invented in Pakistan thousands of years ago.
(22) world first university was created in taxila (Pakistan) nearly three thousand years ago.
(23) Pakistan is the first country which has created plastic magnet.
(24) Development of the SMB probe to detect heavy water leaks in nuclear power plants by Sultan Bashiruddin Mahmood.
(25) The Human Development Index was devised by Pakistani economist Mahbub ul Haq in 1990 and had the explicit purpose "to shift the focus of development economics from national income accounting to people centered policies".
(26) )Pakistan troops are biggest in the number in the world who are working for UN.
(27) Pakistan has World’s Highest Military Base (Siachen-The roof top of the world).
(28) Pakistan is 9th biggest country which uses most amount of mobiles.
(29) Pakistan is the only Muslim and second south Asian country who has developed And launched artificial robotic satellite.
(30) Pakistan is fourth country of world with most amount of resources
(31) Pakistan is biggest user of CNG ( compressed natural gas)
(32) K2 is the second biggest mountain of the world and future biggest in the world.
(33) World’s largest deep sea port is Gwadar.
(34) Pakistan has world’s second largest salt mine of the world, Khewara Mine.
(35) Pakistan has the world’s highest paved international road.
(36) Pakistan has the biggest glaciers of the world.
(37) Pakistan is the only country in the world that is a gateway to the Middle East, Central Asia, China, and rest of South Asia.
(38) 5th largest gold mine of the world.
(39) 2nd largest coal reserves of world.
(40) Nike, the world's leading manufacturers of sports goods including sports apparel, equipment and footwear, buys from Pakistan.
(41) 70% of world footballs are made in Pakistan. Even the kits of the players including shoes, shirts are all made from Pakistan and not only that Pakistan makes sport goods of nearly all sports which are used all across the world.
(42) Pakistan is 4 times winner of World Cup in hockey (1971, 1978, 1982, 1994)
(43) Pakistan won Greatest number of World Open Squash champions (men), won 14 out of 31 championships
(44) Jahangir also claimed three International Squash Rackets Federation World individual titles, taking his tally World titles to a record-breaking total of nine.
GUESS WHAT?Jansher Khan has beaten Australian Chris Dittmar a staggering 17 times in the finals! For much of Chris' career he was ranked No.2 in the world, but finally managed to push Jansher off the top spot in the last week of his career
(45) Fastest bowl of a cricket ball – The highest electronically measured speed for a ball bowled by any bowler is 161.3 km/h (100.23 mph); bowled by Pakistani player Shoaib Akhtar February 22, 2003
(46) And youngest Person to score hundred shahid afridi 16 years old
(47) Pakistani cricketer hold world record of Highest career strike rate 115 MISTER BOOM BOOM
(48) Youngest Cricket Test Player – Hasan Raza is the youngest Test player, making his debut at age 14. He played against Zimbabwe at Faisalabad, Pakistan on October 24, 1996.
(49) All top 3 wicket takers in t20 cricket are Pakistani
(50) Sohail Abbas scoring most number of goals (338) in history of hockey.
(51) Sohail Abbas most number of goals in World Cup and in champions trophy.
(52)Sohail Abbas most number of goals in penelty corner in history of hockey.
(53)Sohail Abbas most number of goals in penelty strokes in world
(54) Amir khan who is over seas Pakistani living in England is world champion in boxing
(55) Zayn Malik, a famous singer of One direction is Pakistani British.
(56) Pakistan has world’s highest polo ground at shandur, Gilgit.
(57) World biggest football was made in Pakistan
(58) Smallest Quran of 1.73cm was also made in Pakistan
(59) Largest Volunteer Ambulance Organization – Abdul Sattar Edhi began his ambulance service in 1948. Today his network includes 500 ambulances all over Pakistan
(60) Pakistani youth making biggest flag of world.
(61) Most amount of people singing national anthem.
(62) This year Pakistan set a world record for the most saplings planted in a day, with an impressive 750,000 mangrove tree saplings.
(63) Bu Ali sina found out the circumference of earth in the place so called
(64) Takht Bhai listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site is a Buddhist monastic complex dating back to 1st century BC. Pakistan
(65) Mohenjodaro and Harappa ( now in Pakistan) was one of the earliest civilization on Earth, it was about 7000 years old.
(66) soanians were the people who use to live in soan valley in pakistan about 500000-600000 years ago.And archeologists says that soanians were the one who invented the antique instruments like wheels ,hammer,and blades etc from stones.And don't forget one thing the soanians were the one who are ancestors of Egyptians and antique Africans and also harrapans and other old civilizations.
(67) Asia’s Largest Bird Sanctuary- Haleji Lake ( Pakistan)
(68) Pakitherium (Paraceratherium) During the time of dinosaurs this creature use to live in this planet in Pakistan.And this animal is considered the biggest animal ever lived in the planet earth.It has weight of 30 tons and height of 20 feets it was about size of five elephants.
(69) Ijaz Ahmad :second tallest person of the world (8 feets 5 inch)
(70) Pakistan has world’s youngest civil judge, Muhammad Illyas
(71) Roshan Ali , a pakistan is oldest living person on earth. He is 160 + years old.
(72) Pakistan has been listed among Next Eleven (N-11), the eleven countries that along with the BRICS have a high potential of becoming the world’s largest economies in the 21st century.
(73) Karachi is the 3rd biggest city of the world on basis of population.
(74) Pakistan is the 6 th biggest country on basis of population,and will become third biggest in the world by 2040.
(75) Pakistan has 4th biggest labour force of the world.Millions of Pakistanis are working abroad.In Canada about 30% doctors are Pakistanis.Pakistanis helped UAE, Saudi Arabia in different fields by.
(76) A baby is born in Pakistan every seven seconds.
(77) Each year 5000000 new peoples are born in Pakistan which is bigger than total population of New Zealand.
(78) A boy with tiger skin was born in Pakistan.
(79) Benazir ( Pakistani Former PM ) was the first woman leader of a Muslim country in modern history
(80) Ali Zafar was ranked the 2nd sexiest man of Asia by a British Magazine.