mar asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

how to eat normal again...?

okay so before you tell me i know i know i was stupid,, for the past month ive been on a diet that less than five hundred calories a day. i am seventeen and this past week i was so stressed and ate less cuz i had less appetite. So now i look in the mirror and see a stick, i want to start eating normally again. take in mind that i wasnt trying to eat at such low calorie count it just turned out that way, but now i want to start to eat normal. but when i eat my stomach bloats or i get gasy is all that normal? what should i eat? thanks for your help

Best Answer

I've suffered eating disorders: anorexia and bulimia all for ten years. One can imagine the toll that took on my body. My goal was 2,000 calories.

You're going to be bloated, passing gas, you're going to feel sick, you're going to have water retention, you're going to feel like you want to just give up recovery. In addition, you're probably going to be constipated for a while as well. But give it time and eat. Starving causes dehydration and dehydrated cells so you're bloating in the stomach is probably your body holding onto everything you put into your body because of starvation. But most of it is probably water.

Eat lots of lean meats and beans. Go for whole grain or whole wheat and fiber foods. Eat leafy vegetables and super green vegetables. Specifically: Fish-Salmon, sea bass, mahi mahi, mackeral, tuna, trout, flounder and so forth. I recommend salmon just because it has a super high dose of Omega 3's and a ton of vitamins that are so good for hair growth. This goes the same for tuna. Eat lots of salmon and tuna. Don't evat over 2 to 3 ounces of a protein a meal. You have to read the labels so you know the serving size. Eat any type of bean-legumes as they have a lot of fiber and protein. If you want to cook eggs, go for egg beaters because they have a ton of nutrition; in addition, they do not have any cholesterol and are very low in calorie- also wonderful for hair growth. Eat your vegetables- spinach, broccoli, brussels sprouts, carrots or match stick shredded carrots, tomato, sweet potato, artichoke, cabbage, butternut squash, squash, zuchinni, cauliflower, string beans, mushrooms, snap peas. Stay away from corn as it does not have any nutritional value and it's kind of starchy. You can have a regular potato but it is starchy. Except, having it once in a while will not hurt you. Eat a lot of leafy greens and spices and herbs. Have some salads as some salads and leafy greens have vitamin K in them and other vitamins. Eat your fruits. Pineapple, apples, grapes, any kind of berry- strawberry, blueberry, blackberry, rasberry and such. Mango, orange, lemon, lime, kiwi, banana, pear, plumb, prunes, peaches and any other fruit of your desire. But I would avoid citrus fruits for now as they may be too acidic on your stomach right now. You can also have some raisins or any other dried fruits. Let me mind nyou that apples naturally speed up the metabolism and eggs will help you fight fat. As for dairy products go- have low fat to non fat dairy products. I recommend some light cottage cheese and some light yogurt such as light and fit yogurt. Have some low fat or fat free cheeses like, ricotta cheese, sliced, shredded or string. Instead of having regular cow milk, I recommend almond milk, coconut milk or rice milk. My favorite : almond and coconut milk. Delicious flavors like vanilla and FULL of nutrition. Cow milk doesn't provide enough nutrition. Almond milk will and so will coconut. Plus they are both concidered vegan. So much more healthier for you. When it comes to whole grain- choose whole grain breads, brown rice, whole grain or whole wheat tortilla wraps, whole grain rolls or wheat. Eat whole grain cereal or you can have some oat bran or some plain oatmeal. Have some whole grain spaghetti with some fat free tomato sauce. You have also have ricotta cheese with it but fat free and as a dairy. As a snack or something eat some lentil chips or any other whole grain chips. You can have hummus as one of the most healthiest snacks ever and it tastes so good. I would include cinnamon in your diet because it helps lower trygliceride levels in your blood which means it helps stable your blood sugar-it's great for mainting or weight loss. Now you want to have good fat in your new food plan. I recommend olive oil, sesamee oil, walnut oil but stay away from vegetable or peanut oil. Eat nuts or nut butters. Stay away from peanuts and peanut butter. I would stick with almonds and almond butters or cashews and cashew butters as well as walnuts. Walnuts are great for your hair and so are almonds. Almonds are amoung the healthiest snacks to have and they help fight body fat. I always eat almonds and almond butter. Stick with balsamic dressings- nothing creamy or unnatural. Drink some tea but avoid coffee.

Another important part of your food plan is drinking enough water. So if you drink half your body weight in ounces you will be fine and your body will slowly begin to hydrate itself again.

Go to http://www.mypyramid.gov and plan your menu. Click on menu planner and follow the directions. It will tell you how much servings you need for each food category on the food pyramid. It will also count the calories for you and it will tell you on the chart how much calories you need according to your height. Don't even bother about punching in your current weight. Just use your height.

Source(s): Times to eat: 8:30= breakfast 11:00= Snack 2:30= Lunch 5:30= Dinner 7:30= Snack. Just don't eat after 8:00 pm. Good luck! I'm glad you want to get better. I'm proud of you! :).

Just don't over think everything (: If you are sitting there watching TV and you decide that you are hungry and want a snack have one! If your family orders pizza, have some! Just eat like a normal person who is oblivious to calories - but that doesnt' mean be a pig either