Exceptions to pit bull law?

I am an American and want to move to GB. I own a friendly rescue dog who looks like an APBT. My dog is good with other dogs and even cats and other small animals. He lets cats clean his ears and face. He will lick another dog who cries in sadness. He loves to play. I can give him treats without him letting a single... show more I am an American and want to move to GB. I own a friendly rescue dog who looks like an APBT. My dog is good with other dogs and even cats and other small animals. He lets cats clean his ears and face. He will lick another dog who cries in sadness. He loves to play. I can give him treats without him letting a single tooth brush against me. He is seven years old and healthy. He is *officially* listed as a mix, and he *is* a little small for a pit. Theoretically, he *might* be able to pass for a mix. Do I have to wait until he gets older and passes naturally in order to move to GB? Are there any exceptions or hope for me/us?
Update: I love a man, and thus the issue. I love a man, but how could I risk the government arbitrarily murdering my "child" (pet) if there is no safe way to get us both there?
Update 2: I love a man, but how could I risk the government arbitrarily murdering my "child" (pet) if there is no safe way to get us both there?