Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 1 decade ago

How much do TV news reporters make?

I know that it depends on the size of the market that the reporter works in but does anyone know either where I can find this information or do you know how much? I just started studying broadcast journalism and I would like to know approximately how much they make. I also know that anchors make more than reporters but for my question I am mostly just referring to reporters. Thank You.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

A local news reporter at a very small station could make 25,000 to start. But as they get experience and move to bigger stations 45,000 to 75,000. Now if you are talking about an NBC news corespondent - 6 figures is common. that is why the little guy is willing to stick it out!