High school education in the UK?

I want to study in the UK but i am not familiar with its educational system, so meanwhile i search info online I would also like to ask a few questions here: a) Is that usually lower sixth(year 12) students only need to study 4 subjects and take a-level exams of these 4 subjects? b) and upper sixth(year 13)... show more I want to study in the UK but i am not familiar with its educational system, so meanwhile i search info online I would also like to ask a few questions here:
a) Is that usually lower sixth(year 12) students only need to study 4 subjects and take a-level exams of these 4 subjects?
b) and upper sixth(year 13) students only need to study and take one a-level exams?
c) is that the only subject that year 13 students take must be chosen from the 4 subjects that they have studied in year 12?
d) is the secondary school issued students the certificate according to their a-level results?
e) so how about year 10-11 studies? how many subjects and GCSE exams do they need to study and take?
f) i know sixth form students can choose to take any subjects they like, depend what they wanna major in university. So how about year 10/11 students?
g) do the UK local students need to apply university a year in advance?
h) when do students usually get back their a-level results?
i) i would like to know the progress and steps of applying university through ucas. please list the steps.
I am anxious to know about these, your answers are helpful to me, please kindly give me simple and clear answers. Thank you! If you don't mind me to ask you questions again please kindly leave your email here, thank you very much!