How much money does it have to take before police will even investigate on credit card fraud?

I live here in the US so I know its probably different then the UK and I cant find any answers.. I was just curious on how much money the person who commits the fraud has to spend on the other persons credit card before the police even investigate.. Because usually they just give the money back so what is the... show more I live here in the US so I know its probably different then the UK and I cant find any answers.. I was just curious on how much money the person who commits the fraud has to spend on the other persons credit card before the police even investigate.. Because usually they just give the money back so what is the amount it takes to where they investigate ? Thank you
Update: AND NO I AM NOT OUT TO STEAL CREDIT CARDS IM NOT THAT KIND OF PERSON A FRIEND HAD HERS STOLEN SO I WAS JUST CURIOUS!