? asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Could SLAVERY in America compete economically with Walmart's factories in China?

Chinese factory workers make about 40 cents per hour. That's $16 per week for a factory worker, $64 per month, and $832 per year.

If you figure that a slave owner in America today would still have to pay for food, clothing, and shelter for their slaves, would they be able to compete with the 10 year old girls that work at the Walmart factories in China?

Think about it: Even if they live in squalor, slaves in America would still be paid in rent, food, and clothing. even under the crappiest of conditions, the slaves would be "paid" about $50 per months for rent, another $1 per day for food, and probably $20 a month or so for clothing and other living expenses. That comes to about $100 per month which is still way more than the $64 per month that the 10 year old Chinese girls earn in the Walmart factories.

Even slave labor ain't free.

Would American corporations using slave labor be able to compete with the Chinese companies with labor costs that high?

Favorite Answer

Toss up, but at least the knee-grow didn't have to live in a polluted environ.

No way. The federal minimum wage is something like $7.50 per hour, and that amount will only barely sustain life, with no real quality. I suppose that if some form of slavery were implemented, you could force your slaves to live in extremely substandard conditions, but they still have to eat, and, as your property, their healthcare would become your responsibilty (sick or dead slaves sew no sneakers). You have to house them and cloth them as well, which I would assume would also be substandard, but would cost something, none the less. Lets not forget that if we make conditions too awful, our slaves will revolt or run away, so some quality of life, however minor, must be afforded. I would think that paying someone minnimum wage would actualy be less expensive than keeping that same person as a slave. That is whats called "economic servitude", and I'm sure the Chinese are well aware of it.

No way can the American slaves compete with Chinese. The biggest problem is the value of Yuan vs. Dollars. Yuan can buy more with less. While American dollar is so valued upward that it is really unfair for the Americans. The U.S.Dollar is over valued and the Yuan is under value. So how can you compete with the Chinese. Since China is under communist rule, meaning, everything is free, while Americans has to spent for their own. In short, the Americans has to have extra $1,000 from their pocket before they can compete with the Chinese.

Our times is a war not in bullets and missiles but through economic war. China wants to retain the Yuan at its state to have undue advantage. That is one reason why the trade between China and America is loop sided favoring China. We can not do anything. China has the strategic advantage in the value of its money.

I read recently that the average wage in China is now closer to 80 cents per hour. At that it would still be hard to maintain slaves in the US. Our best option, if we want to compete heads up with the Chinese making lower tech items such as television sets, is to employ robotics. They don't eat, sleep or need personal days.

@ Pluto

How many prefab answers do you have at the ready?

The lack of competitiveness of American manufacturers does not come from too high labour costs but from too large overhead.

The high difference in dollars between Chinese and American workers is caused by a high dollar to yuan exchange rate. In real wages, that is what one can buy for his paycheck, the difference is not that great. When I compare my standard of living in Canada to the one I had in communist Poland it is definitely better but only slightly.

As the value of dollars continue to decrease the difference in wages will disappear but inefficiency will remain.

I grew up in a communist country, it was a shitty system to live in, but I had not seen a minor working in a factory until I came to Canada.

Walmart has factories in China? Wow!.....I'd like to see that. Can you give me a link that shows a Walmart factory in China? The only Walmart items I have seen that brand their name is their "Great Value" items which is a licensing agreement with the companies that make the name brands and sell to all other purchasers in the US. But I'd like to see this Walmart factory that you tell of. I'd appreciate it....thanks.

you already have slavery in america. america forces its prisoners to work. since america has the most prisoners in the world, this adds up to alot of slave labour. america has 6 times more prisoners than China per capita. even with slave labour, economic sabatoge, outright robbery, terorism, military agresion, the u.s still cant compete, and is likely to destroy the whole world through warfare since it cant maintain its position.

It already does:

The US imprisons more humans than any nation in history. Prisoners are made corporate slaves in US prison industrial complex, killing free markets, disemploying working class, and injecting richclass produced and owned industrial products at unfair competitive price levels into world markets. And to think that on top, all prison operational costs are paid for by YOU, working class (not to mention the thieving judge, court, and “defense” lawyer costs) -- just imagine the richclass free slave profits.

(To wit, developing sexual abnormalities and other human often-psychological abuses within such a disgusting richclass operated slave system are simply symptoms of a mammoth human slavery crime.)

So -- why does the US have 23.4% of the world’s prison population – when they have only 4.5% of the world’s population? That’s worse than scary. What’s the message in this? It’s this: Richclass oppression causes crime – purposefully.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarceration_in_the_...

“The United States has the highest documented incarceration rate in the world at 754 persons in prison or jail per 100,000 (as of 2008)… The United States has 4.52% of the world's population and 23.4% of the world's prison population.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population

And on Y!A, one after another someone introduces a dilemma and then asks, “Should we throw them in prison?” Your US richclass slavers have a bunch of very well-trained masochist publics who cannot grasp yet envision any of ten thousand effective solutions other than abuse. Why am I the only one seeing through this richclass-abuse scam aimed at prison slavery profits?

US richclass oppression of under-classes has your publics blaming and targeting the poor for crime (very misdirected attention) -- while the richclass prison industrial complex takes down slave-profits galore (so much for “free markets”). It's an easy gig.

SLAVERY AND FREE MARKETS CANNOT COEXIST.

---------------

This article starts out slowly, but ends with a bang. You can verify US richclass slave industry therein:

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/1887.html

Walmart can not own factories in China they sub contract the work to them they are run by Chinese business man who abuse the hell out of their own people

walmart discriminates against women.