Which Track do you prefer: T.R.O.Y. by Peter Rock & C.L. Smooth or I Used to Love H.E.R. by Common?

They are two of the greatest songs of all time, IMO. Which do you prefer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_f35N2YXQQ

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxOZLCcke3A

Youtube thumbnail

BQ: Favorite Big L track?

LMAO @ this btch azz niqqa. If rap is so simple, why don't YOU do it? It's simple money, AMIRITE? GTFO outta here.

Favorite Answer

T.R.O.Y. personally. The horn sample is probably one my favorite samples of all times.

BQ: Put It On. The first Big L song I ever heard and it's still dope everytime I hear it.

And to the moron who said those were computerized beats, both beats were made on a MPC, not a computer... Learn something about hip hop production before you talk sh*t.

"an MPC is a computer...basically...."

In the most basic semantic definition of the word "computer", yes, you would be right, but you know that's obviously not what he meant by computer.

"And what is with all of these trolls. We got a goofy a** dickriding dude who thinks he's a mediocre dead rapper, a hip hop hater"

And here we have a whiny b*tch who's asshurt because he got thumbsed down.

"and a guy who defends hip hop without knowing what he is talking about"

So you knew that Pete Rock used a SP 1200 and I didn't, how sweet. Want a cookie, douche?

• Alexey

I Used to Love H.E.R. Such a great use of metaphor and easily the best Common song.

T.R.O.Y. is classic too but I just prefer Used to Love HER over it

BQ: I Don't Understand It. His most underrated song.

• Truly

TROY because on the beats Pete Rock can't be touched.

BQ: Big L is wiggity wack.

edit: an MPC is a computer...basically....so that argument really doesn't work. Plus they were both made on the SP 1200/Akai s950 combo....at least the Pete Rock beat was..don't know for sure what No ID used but it was most likely the same.

And what is with all of these trolls. We got a goofy a** dickriding dude who thinks he's a mediocre dead rapper, a hip hop hater, and a guy who defends hip hop without knowing what he is talking about (and getting thumbed up) all in the same place.

• I like the production of T.R.O.Y. better just because of the brilliance of that sample. But whole concept and brilliance of I used to love h.e.r. coupled with solid production makes that song better imo.

BQ: now or never (so underrated)

I Used To Love H.E.R.

He did something nobody had before.

Genius! It's been re-done a thousand times, but never as good.

BQ: Put It On or Street Struck

TROY

Both are great but TROY has more replay value

BQ: Can't decide, No Endz No Skinz, All Black, Ebonics, Fed Up With The BS, all are great

• ?

I Used To Love H.E.R.

BQ: Street Struck or MVP (Remix) ft. Missy Jones.

I Used to Love H.E.R

BQ: Put it On, Deadly Combination (ft 2Pac)

• MC

I Used to Love H.E.R

BQ: Put It On

One is an untalented guy talking over computer beats with samples stolen from real musicians. The other is an untalented guy talking over computer beats with some simplistic synth loops.

I'm gonna call it a draw.