daniele asked in PetsDogs · 9 years ago

getting my 6 mo old puppy her shots?

hi. i live in ohio. i need to get my very small Shih Tzu/Pomeranian.but she looks more of a shih tzu. i need to get her all her shots and get her sprayed. do you know how much that would cost and where is the best place you took your animals. thank you.

Update:

yes im sure she is 6 mo.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It would be good to go on line. Here in Massachusetts, the Friends of Animals help with vouchers for spaying and neutering. Kudos to you for doing this by the way. You're starting out your life together the right way. Some vets allow you to pay as you go, as not all the shots are given in one day. The rabies is most important, as is the booster afterward, and if it's not offered you'll want to ask for the pavo virus vaccine. It's a horrible death and is contagious, also you won't see the signs until it's too late. You can put off vaccines like Kennel cough until you've saved some more money. It's not too common. People put off the lyme disease because it's not mandatory, but we all know puppies love to roll in grass and where are puppies, down where the grass and shrubs are. It's another one that you probably won't catch in time. There are programs to help you out with these costs, you just have to look. Start with the ASPCA or PETA, Friends of Animals may be bigger than just here. Shelters also know of programs you may not know of. Most programs want to help with the spaying and neutering. Rain

Source(s): 17 yrs. of training dogs, 3 years re-training, bred and raised Rottweilers. Ran a Rottie rescue, though other breeds were dropped off.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Typically its cheapest through your SPCA. If you adopting from a shelter they usually have discounted referrals for certain vets and procedures. I will be realistic with you and say that this will all cost you around $300. And the puppy shots go in cycles. They get certain ones at first, you wait 3 weeks, and then they go back for the second round.

• 9 years ago

The best way to find a vet that you can afford and will trust, is to go visit the ones nearest you and ask them in person what they charge, what they will do and just look around their offices to see if they seem clean and well organized.

This isn't about getting the cheapest rates but about getting the BEST CARE for the money you have available.

• Stuey
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

It is spayed, not sprayed, lol. It will probably cost around $100 for the first round of shots. They will need at least one more round after that. At 6 months she should really already have all of her shots. Are you sure she is 6 months, and that she does not have her shots?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Call your local animal shelter & ask where the nearest low cost spay & Neuter clinic is. They usually do low cost vaccines too.

• Pamela
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Pick up the phone book and call around to some of the vets in your area. We don;t know the vets in your area and what they charge.

I take mine to Memorial Animal Hospital.

Do you know where it is,. it is in Ohio.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

What do you want to spray your dog wit?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.