Livy asked in TravelAir Travel · 9 years ago

Scared to fly tomorrow :(?

Tomorrow i am leaving for hawaii! We are getting up at 5 am so we can be at the airport by 10 as our flight leaves at 1 o clock. It is a 10 hour flight and i am so scared! I am only 15 and have never flown before. My mom and aunt will be with me but i am still really uneasy about it. What should i do to keep myself calm and enjoy the flight? Thank you so much for your help

Favorite Answer

Ok.. Relaaaax!

There's nothing wrong with flying.. I actually love planes:)

here's a few tips to keep you calm:

1. As you go up, your ears might pop due to pressure so at the airport, buy some sucky sweets or chewing gum and this will help!:)

2. Bring water. Buy it after security though (obviously) lol. It will calm you down by just sipping on it.

3. Breathe! If you feel yourself getting panicky, just take in deep breaths and think to yourself' I'm ok, this is completely safe, hundreds of THOUSANDS of people do this every DAY, even every hour!'

4. Talk. About anything lol. It will keep your mind off the flight and you never know, you may get to know each other a little better talking for that long:)

5. Bring a book and your iPod.. Both will make you relax:) tonight, when your all packed, charge your iPod and get some new tunes from bands/singers that you like.. This way when you get on the plane you'll be excited to listen to new songs;D also,there will probably be tvs on the plane that you can watch:)

6. Sleep! You'll be getting up early and I doubt you'll get much sleep tonight(excitement!) so you'll be exhausted when you get on the plane. If you sleep you'll be nice and refreshed for when you get to Hawaii!:)

I hope I helped.. And don't be worried! Just think about the AMAZING holiday your gonna have , the flight will be all worth it in the end, and who knows? You might even enjoy it:)

good luck and I hope you have a lovely holiday!:) <3<3

• !

I have been flying by myself as a UM (unnacompanied minor) for 6 years now, and this is my first time traveling as an adult. (I am 14.) Be sure to get seats together. And depending on the type of person you are, you may or may not like the window seats. I personally love looking out of the window.

Pay attention to the flight attendants when they are giving their little demonstration. It will calm you down if you know what to do in case of an emergency.

And if you have never been on a flight before, you may not be familiar with what turbulance is. It is air pockets in the sky that make the plane feel like it is driving on a very bumpy road. Normally they will just have you sit in your seat with your seatbelt on and then it is over. Just listen to the captain.

But honestly besides being nervous because this is your first time there is nothing to worry about. Air travel is extremely safe especially with the tiny tiny tiny risk of terrorists and the even tinier risk of the plane malfunctioning.

Good luck and have fun!

• rieth

there is an fantastically reliable thank you to appreciate how the flight is going. Watch the Attendents. in the event that they are performing their artwork interior the aisle and look content fabric, then whether the airplane is shaking a sprint from turbulance, it incredibly is not a situation. Now, in case you spot them strapped into the bounce seats on the front of the passenger area and that they are making the signs and indicators of the go. that could point out a situation fantastically if there's a depressing moist stain forming interior the carpet under their feet and theres a gaping hollow interior the side of the fuselage the place rows 10A by way of 20C was. ok, sufficient with the undesirable humor. i'd help out. There are issues you will pay attention by using fact the airplane readies for take off. The Whir Whir Whir sound is the flaps which they set before departure. whilst the airplane lifts off the floor, the wheels are retracted up into the fuselage, you will perchance pay attention a reasonable "thump" by using fact the doorways close. The engines will sound as though they are screaming and this does not something for the nerves for human beings not gentle with flying. the main unsettling factor of flying is turbulance. returned, watch the attendents. they are large alerts of the flight circumstances. whether, whilst the airplane is passing by way of cloud layers, you will generally sense the bumps because it does so. The extra clouds, the extra turbulance. whilst it stages out on the Altitude, you will pay attention the engines sluggish and in many situations the captain or attendents will announce this. Engines scuffling with in mid air is almost impossible wanting a failure of a few form. At any given time, there are hundreds of planes interior the sky. continually bear in techniques that maximum individuals of airplane crashes at the instant are not commercial jets, they are small private planes or shape planes. think of roughly it like this: interior the very very uncommon occasion of something going incorrect on the flight, there is 7 miles of altitude. The pilot has time to react. analyze this to passing via vehicles coming at you at 80 MPH interior of a few feet. there is not any time to react different then instinctive.

I take lots of my favourite magazines and snacks on my long distance flights. There are probably also great movies to watch. Flying is a luxury, enjoy the experience, I wish I could come along to Hawaii! It's a dream destination. Sometimes we all have to do things that we are scared of but to just go and do it anyway is what helps us to grow and be confident and educated. Have fun!

Don't be scared, planes are safer than cars. The flight will probably offer a movie to watch and since you are getting up so early, you may want to nap so you'll be rested when you get there. Take a good book or a favorite magazine. You'll be fine, relax.

I had never been on a plane until last year when I was 18.

I was pretty nervous but I actually really liked it.

Take off was scary the first time, but now take off is my favourite part, I love it.

I liked it when the plane turned and when we landed it was just fun to me.

Just remember that flying is the safest form of transport. You are more likely to die on the drive to the airport than on the plane...

Over spring break me and my brother who is only 14 (and I'm only 13) flew out to Arizona by ourselves and I was so scared. So I tried listening to music to calm me down. Just think about how your going to have so much fun in Hawaii!

Lucky, I wish I could go! haha

Just try sleeping, music, etc. Read a book if you like to read.

Have Fun and Stay Safe!!

I know it's scary to fly for the first time just sleep it's like a six hour flight I slept through it and I never was awake for take off.

Source(s): I've been to Hawaii

The main danger is getting bored. Ten hours on a plane can be a bit dull. Make sure you bring some things to entertain yourself.

Scared of what,your scared because you here bad things happen when flying right?well your

Getting only bad things never do you hear of how much travel goes well.Your fear got out of hand without intervening you learn the wrong things.I love to fly ,I also leanrd how to fly small planes,great fun,challenging too.http://www.sixwise.com/newsletters/05/01/11/fear-o...