Why would my root canal and crown start hurtings month later?

I had a root canal and crown 8 months ago. It hurt and was tender for about 3 weeks after the procedure. I just had a filling on the other side of my mouth last week. I don't know if it has anything to do with it or not but now my root canal tooth hurts again. It's the same kind of pain I had when it... show more I had a root canal and crown 8 months ago. It hurt and was tender for about 3 weeks after the procedure. I just had a filling on the other side of my mouth last week. I don't know if it has anything to do with it or not but now my root canal tooth hurts again. It's the same kind of pain I had when it was healing...a general tenderness and pain when biting down or applying pressure. What could be causing this? I switched dentists because I didn't like the one who did my root canal (it was a chain dentist who were always changing their billing practices). I plan to ask my new dentist what this could be this week, but I'm hoping that it's not something that will have to be redone (which I really can't afford). Any ideas?
Update: It's been a couple days and there's still pain. I'm taking vicodin but can still feel the pain when biting down on the tooth. What could a "jaw problem" be and how would they remedy that?
1 answer 1