? asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 9 years ago

Do you think Alabama's new immigration law will be a good thing?

My personal feelings are it will be tough in the beginning but the end result will be worth it. No pain no gain. Now can we come up with a way to get people to take the jobs that will come available. Remember when the illegals had them they were able to get food stamps and run to our hospitals. Are we going to let true alabamians do the same and not worry about paying it back. If not expect to pay more for stuff. The illegals pro-bally would not work these jobs for the pay they get if they were held responsible for there medical bills and did not get food stamps.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Bill
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, I think Alabama's new immigration law will be a good thing. Of course the sleaze balls at the ACLU have said they plan on challenging the law and have said this is the toughest legislation in the country. I'm sure the Obama Justice Department will quickly follow. o_O

• Login to reply the answers
  • mimi
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

I think any measure that will eliminate illegals from using and abusing our system is great.I only wish Texas would do something like what Az and Al are doing.We would cut our cost of welfare in half here.But I also believe that if you are born to an illegal mother or father you shouldn't be considered an American as you are a product of an illegal act.A lot of laws need to be change regarding illegals but it would be a great start if we would uphold the laws that are on the books already.

• 9 years ago

Since the current administration refuses to enforce Federal laws and to protect the states, then the states must protect themselves.

This includes suing the Federal government and defending themselves from being sued by the Federal government when the states try to enforce Federal law that the Administration refuses to enforce.

So this law, and other state laws to control illegal immigration is a good thing.

• 9 years ago

Whats really sad and frustrating is that the FEDS refuse to enforce the laws already on the books and when a state enacts a new law to stop the illegal invasion of their states the FEDS try to stop them from doing so--------------- [side note ]---Washington DC spends the most money per student in the nation and has one of the lowest graduation rates and test score averages in the nation too . Clearly spending more money on Education and failed Social experiments , as you leftists are so fond of , [since its not yours ] is not the answer

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

All States should have these measures

state and local police officers to ask about the immigration status of anyone they stop based on a “reasonable suspicion” the person is an illegal immigrant

bar illegal immigrants from enrolling in any public college after high school.

obliges public schools to determine the immigration status of all students, requiring parents of foreign-born students to report the immigration status of their children.

Alabama’s public schools to publish figures on the number of immigrants — both legal and illegal — who are enrolled and on any costs associated with the education of illegal immigrant children

makes it a crime to knowingly rent housing to an illegal immigrant.

It bars businesses from taking tax deductions on wages paid to unauthorized immigrants.

requires all Alabama employers to use a federal system, E-Verify, to confirm the legal status of all workers.

The measure also makes it a state crime for an immigrant to fail to carry a document proving legal status,

and makes it a crime for anyone to transport an illegal immigrant

• 9 years ago

You're posting this under yahoo UK... and most people from the UK arn't aware of this law. You should post it under yahoo America by clicking on the american flag at the bottom of the page.

• Jan
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Very good thing. All states should follow their lead.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

The State of Alabama would be better served to expend that time, effort & money on getting off of the bottom of the National list in education standards, that way it wouldn't be so easy for someone from Guatemala to EASILY get a job there because he/she speaks more fluent English than one of the locals!

Source(s): BTW, Illegals don't GET "food stamps"....oh, I get it! YOU are from Alabama, huh?
  • 9 years ago

time will tell, just don't expect too much.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.