Ear Piercing and Guardian Info?

So, i was planning to get my cartilage pierced. And i will probably go to Claire's or another parlor if i can. I was wondering if I have to have my legal guardian with me when i go. I am fifteen and i was planning on going with my cousin and aunt. Can my aunt take me or must i go with my dad? Please reply and thanks!

5 Answers

  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

    it depends on the place.

    some places make you have your legal guardian with you like if you were getting it done at a tattoo shop, which is a better place to go since they do it with a needle rather than a gun and its better for your ear. but usually claires and the places in the mall just want you to have someone over 21 with you because i got it done with my friend and her mom. they will probably just ask your aunt to sign for you.

    Source(s): i got my cartilage pierced.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

    you have to have a legal guardian with you, i'm pretty sure. i don't know exactly. your aunt can probably take you, but if you're under 18, you must have an adult with you. and they have to show ID. if you go to a tattoo parlor, i know you also have to show some form of ID - that's what i had to do. it's weird haha. oh and if i were you, i would go to a place that does it with a needle rather than a place that uses a gun like Claire's. good luck!!

  • makela
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

    Iverson Mall Piercing

  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

    You just need a adult your aunt will be fine

    ive hard some bad stories about clares peircings by the way so you might want to go somewhere else

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

    I'm pretty sure it has to be a parent or guardian.... It's not like they will ask for ID or anything though. AND she is your guardian while you are with her:)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.