Ear Piercing and Guardian Info?

So, i was planning to get my cartilage pierced. And i will probably go to Claire's or another parlor if i can. I was wondering if I have to have my legal guardian with me when i go. I am fifteen and i was planning on going with my cousin and aunt. Can my aunt take me or must i go with my dad? Please reply and thanks!

Best Answer

it depends on the place.

some places make you have your legal guardian with you like if you were getting it done at a tattoo shop, which is a better place to go since they do it with a needle rather than a gun and its better for your ear. but usually claires and the places in the mall just want you to have someone over 21 with you because i got it done with my friend and her mom. they will probably just ask your aunt to sign for you.

Source(s): i got my cartilage pierced.

you have to have a legal guardian with you, i'm pretty sure. i don't know exactly. your aunt can probably take you, but if you're under 18, you must have an adult with you. and they have to show ID. if you go to a tattoo parlor, i know you also have to show some form of ID - that's what i had to do. it's weird haha. oh and if i were you, i would go to a place that does it with a needle rather than a place that uses a gun like Claire's. good luck!!

• makela

Iverson Mall Piercing

You just need a adult your aunt will be fine

ive hard some bad stories about clares peircings by the way so you might want to go somewhere else

I'm pretty sure it has to be a parent or guardian.... It's not like they will ask for ID or anything though. AND she is your guardian while you are with her:)