Shyness = Arrogance ?

I read a quote of Marie-Louise von Franz somewhere that went like this, "Shyness is arrogance". The quote came from Robert Johnson's book Inner Gold, though it could be disputed because I couldn't find documented evidence of it's authenticity. I'm just wondering if this is true and how it... show more I read a quote of Marie-Louise von Franz somewhere that went like this, "Shyness is arrogance". The quote came from Robert Johnson's book Inner Gold, though it could be disputed because I couldn't find documented evidence of it's authenticity. I'm just wondering if this is true and how it works? Is shyness like an introverted form of arrogance? Your thoughts and insights would be greatly appreciated.
Update: I agree with you that it isn't easy being shy, I'm incredibly shy and anxious in social settings myself. But I think there might be something too this, maybe shyness is a way of unconsciously expressing unrealized arrogance? I say this because I'm not necessarily an arrogant person, but I can be arrogant inside my... show more I agree with you that it isn't easy being shy, I'm incredibly shy and anxious in social settings myself. But I think there might be something too this, maybe shyness is a way of unconsciously expressing unrealized arrogance? I say this because I'm not necessarily an arrogant person, but I can be arrogant inside my thoughts at times, It's just not outwardly expressed. It could just be me, but I'm wondering if there is any empirical proof to support my theory.