Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 10 years ago

What type of licenses do I need to start a direct selling alcoholic beverage company?

I am starting a business in California where I sell wine, beer and distilled spirits to consumers over age 21. I do not have a retail store (brick and mortar), but will have a website. I will purchase all of my beverages from a wholesale distributor (one will be Southern Wines and Spirits), and will resale them to the public. I will have a resale certificate from the state of California, and business license in the city of Long Beach. I will offer these beverages for sale on my website, as well as will sell them in person. I will conduct tastings where the consumer can try the beverages for free and then buy the beverages for consumption off-site (like at home). These tastings will primarily happen at the consumer's residence. What type of license do I need?

1 Answer

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.