*SPOILER*How is Xavier walking in the end of "Wolverine: Origins" ?

In the end of "Xmen: First Class" Xavier gets shot in the spinal cord leading to his disability. However, towards the end of "Wolverine: Origins", being obviously much older in appearence, he walked ( with legs ) out of the helicopter, telling the mutant children to come with him.

How is this possible when he is not suppose to feel his legs in "Xmen: First Class" at a much younger age ???

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, the obvious REAL answer is that when they wrote X-Men First Class they were more concerned with trying to make a decent movie than stick with canon and match up perfectly with all of the other movies, though I like the answer that X-Men Origins: Wolverine was a terrible movie and needs to be forgotten.

If you want an explanation that works within the context of the films, how about this: Xavier was not really walking at the end of Wolverine... he was simply projecting an image of himself walking into the heads of all the young mutants there to get them into the helicopter. He might have been inside the helicopter, or possibly back at the mansion using Cerebro.

This was far from the only continuity glitch in First Class, here's a short list I just came up with myself:

In X-Men, Professor Xavier claims he met Erik Lehnsherr when he was 17, in X-Men: First Class he is considerably older during their first meeting.

At the end of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Professor Xavier is seen walking, but he became paralyzed at the end of X-Men: First Class.

In X-Men, Prof X seems confused as to how Magneto has found a way to shield himself from Cerebro, but in X-Men: First Class, Xavier sees Magneto's helmet and knows what it can do.

In X-Men, Prof X says that he and Magneto collaborated on the construction of Cerebro, but in X-Men: First Class, Cerebro was designed by Hank (Beast). The original was constructed by the CIA, and whichever version ends up at the X Mansion is of unknown origin but was definitely built after the Xavier/Magneto split.

In X-Men, we wee a different X Mansion from the one that appears in X-Men: First Class.

In X-Men, Prof X doesn't seem to remember meeting Wolverine before, though they meet briefly in X-Men: First Class.

In X-Men: First Class, Emma Frost (White Queen) appears as a middle-aged woman in the year 1963. In X-Men Origins: Wolverine, she appears as a woman in her mid-twenties at a much later date.

In X-Men: First Class, Emma Frost (White Queen) meets and is an adversary of Charles Xavier. In X-Men Origins: Wolverine, she doesn't seem to know him and follows him onto a helicopter without comment or complaint.

In X-Men 3: The Last Stand, Prof X and Magneto are seen visiting the home of Jean Grey to recruit her to the school. This scene presumably takes place many years after the end of X-Men: First Class, where we see the rift between Xavier and Magneto has already taken place.

In X-Men: First Class we see Hank turn into the blue furry Beast as a young man in the year 1963. In X2: X-Men United Dr. Hank McCoy appears in a television interview and he is not blue and furry.

Just to name a few...

Source(s): my brain
    • ...Show all comments
    • Katie5 years agoReport

additionally, in x-men origins: wolverine, riptide (hurricane/whirlwind guy) can be seen in a cage on stryker s island. however, he was a follower of Sebastian shaw in x-men: first class, years prior to the ending of wolverine.

• Login to reply the answers
  • bellas
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Xavier Origin

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

X-Men Orgins: Wolverine was a prequel in continuity with the X-Men trilogy. They were going to make another origins story for Magneto and probably others. Scratched the idea, probably because it would be a lot of movies to make and they had to make a lot just to make the Avengers. So, X-Men: First Class was made instead, sort of an origin story but not in continuity with the other X-Men films. Hence Mystique being a different actress, Cyclops's younger brother somehow being around Xavier's age, and hence them being able to make Beast and Mystique coupley despite them having nothing together in the other movies (plus, Mystique a lesbian in the comics and not an X-Woman).

• Samuel5 years agoReport

Mystique is not in fact a lesbian in the comics. In the comics she is clearly stated on more than one occasion as being the mother of nightcrawler (his father is Azazel). Not sure where you are getting the lesbian thing from, but its bullshit. Bi maybe, but she got knocked up at least once.

• 3 years ago

X Men Origins First Class

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Wolverine. I saw Star Trek last weekend (which kicked ***) and I saw the Terminator last night. The Terminator was okay. I would give it 2.5-3 stars out of 5. It was pretty much your standard action flick, nothing special. After seeing such an awesome movie like Star Trek, I was bored by the Terminator. I haven't personally seen Wolverine but everyone that I know that has seen it said it was really great.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Two explanations:

1. In the comics Xavier regains his ability to walk multiple times, which could account for Origins and X3, if you want to keep them all in the same canon.

2. First Class is being treated as a movie separate from the canon of the Trilogy and Origins. So it's basically like two different X-men comic stories conflicting with each other. It is rumored that this movie could spawn sequels (which I would assume take their own direction separate from Trilogy/Origins).

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Hank McCoy did appear as a non-furry/non-blue character, but let s not forget that in X2 mutants are still not really accepted like in X-Men: The Last Stand. We know that Hank McCoy, being the brilliant scientist he is came up with an injection to hide his power. Like we see in X-Men: First Class. At the point of when X-Men: The Last Stand was made, he is sitting in the US Cabinet. We can assume that the tolerance of mutants at that point led him to no longer hide his power.

• 4 years ago

The newest X-Men film "X-Men: Days of Future Past" explains about the potion that Charles has to take in order to keep his legs moving, as Hank uses it to control his Beast mutation.

Hope this helps.

• Connor
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Source(s): Fast Hair Regrowth http://enle.info/HowToStopHairLoss/?E18u
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

maybe he had prosthetic legs eva thought of that

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.