Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Can doing 15 Push Ups every morning and dieting help lose weight?

Since Push Ups tones your body

Favorite Answer

Push ups are an awesome upper body workout. I would recommend a more diverse routine however. Have an upper body day for your push ups and do different styles such as regular, incline, diamond, and add some chair dips, ladders and pull ups if you can. Do a cardio day, running, jump rope, etc... and do one day of lower body: squats, lunges and calf raises. Throw in a second cardio day or two and leave yourself a recovery day. Google or search Youtube for upper body routines, cardio and various squats and lunges, you will get a very large variety of routines to keep things fresh and keep your body from plateauing from just push ups alone. Also, the upper and lower body exercises are great for toning, but the cardio is where you'll really burn calories.

As far as dieting, do something you can stick with. Eat several small meals per day with more protein and less fat and carbs. Drink lots of water and drop soda if you can (I still allow myself an occasional Cherry Coke, but not with every meal like I used to), water with your meals makes a big difference because you're not drinking all those extra calories! Use caloriecount.about.com to track your calories and nutrition, that's the best resource I've found.

In short, 15 push ups are good, but they won't burn enough calories for you to see much weight loss. Burn more calories than you consume... with a complete workout routine and a healthy diet.

Find an alternative stress-reliever. When you’ve had an undesirable day, don’t reach for the doughnuts – find a new coping mechanism that works available for you, not against you. Listening for your favourite album, looking at family members pics on Facebook, or just getting out of the house for a walk will allow you to focus on the positives.

Intead of doing that.. get a mp3 or a ipod. Run outside for 30 min or an hour every day..

yeah, but I would do a lot more than just 15 thats like 2 minutes or less, thats nothing. try 50 or 100

15 is a good start, but you should try increasing that number every day. To burn calories you need to raise your heart rate, so more is better.

never eat any snack food out of the box carton or bag it came in you re less likely to overeat if you separate snacks into appropriate fist sized servings