How to improve photography canon rebel xsi? blurry and unfocused images?

- When I take pictures of my baby rabbits, I have at least one good picture every day, but the color/quality of some of them are pretty bad. They barely move and there's already a blur, which I don't understand. - anytime I attempt to use sport mode, it does not function properly and it is difficult to... show more - When I take pictures of my baby rabbits, I have at least one good picture every day, but the color/quality of some of them are pretty bad. They barely move and there's already a blur, which I don't understand.

- anytime I attempt to use sport mode, it does not function properly and it is difficult to catch moving objects. why is this?

- when I use my 75-300 mm lens, the quality of the animals I shoot is downgraded. I do realize that I was not using a tripod, but I had a steady hand and I propped the camera on something to hold still.. horses and cows barely moving but the images are unfocused, and very grainy.

- I have had this camera for 2 years and have lost my interest in photography because of these problems, they are constantly an issue. When shooting puppies, I tried many modes but it was always a good shot but unfocused or really grainy and bad coloring.

- I will be extensively trying to improve my images over the next few months, and attempting to learn the different modes, etc. I have bad vision though (not horrible, but difficult to see when I am photographing) which prevents me from doing much on manual mode.

- Should I invest in some universal lenses that are NOT kit lenses or possibly a flash? Which might be better?

Recommendations, tips, etc. would really help. I will start reading the manual booklet although Its difficult for me to do that and just know how to photograph things.
Update: - Also, when I go to places, for example the rockefeller tree, why is it so difficult to get a nongrainy picture that also reflects the person being photographed? This is one of my biggest problems and I do realize that there is not nearly enough light being provided. How can I change this?
Update 2: seriously, every time I ask for advice, you people get ruder each time. I asked for advice and tips that I can look out for in the future. NO, I CANT read a manual because I'm the kind of person that has to learn by DOING, not READING. Not everyone can do it your way, sorry. Regardless, yes, I've had it for 2... show more seriously, every time I ask for advice, you people get ruder each time. I asked for advice and tips that I can look out for in the future. NO, I CANT read a manual because I'm the kind of person that has to learn by DOING, not READING. Not everyone can do it your way, sorry. Regardless, yes, I've had it for 2 years, and no, its not ALWAYS on automatic. I play around with the settings but revert to automatic focus because I CANNOT see clearly, do you see how that is an issue? There's no need to treat me as if I have absolutely no idea what I am doing because I have some idea, and I'd like to expand that which is the point of the question.