Applying to Hong Kong university?

My family are moving to Hong Kong from the uk and as i'd of course like to be nearer I was wondering if I could apply to Hong Kong University with any hope. My GCSEs are 4 A*s and 6 As; my A Levels are straight A*s. I also have an AS Maths. I want to apply for economics or literature. Thanks

Favorite Answer

United Kingdom

A. Students taking the GCSE and GCE (A LEVEL) Examinations:

Grade E or above in seven subjects in the first and/or second attempt in the GCSE examination, of which:

six subjects shall be obtained at one and the same time;

one shall be English Language at grade C or above;

one shall be Mathematics; and

one shall be a language other than English (e.g. German, French), or if Chinese/Mandarin is offered as a language other than English, a pass in the GCE Advanced Level examination is required (Note: grade C / Level 4 (in or after 2007) or better in HKCEE Chinese Language is also accepted in fulfillment of this requirement); and

Grade P3 or above in three Cambridge Pre-U Principal Subjects (other than Mandarin Chinese), or the equivalent; or the award of the Cambridge Pre-U Diploma.

(Note: HKCEE results are accepted in lieu of GCSE on a subject for subject basis. In the case of English Language and Chinese Language obtained in the HKCEE in or after 2007, Level 4 or better is accepted for satisfying the English and Chinese requirements in GCSE).

Says you can get in with E's and C's so you wont have a problem with straight A's.

Have a look at the website and how to apply: http://www.als.hku.hk/intl/admissionHK.php

I think you're pretty good, depending on your A-Level combination of course and how many A-Level A*s you got. You would have to apply as a non-JUPAS student (look it up on the respective admissions websites of the universities). Literature is a less popular subject here because everyone is focused on business, medicine and law here in Hong Kong, while I know several people studying economics. It would be best if you applied to the best 3 universities here: HKU, CUHK, and HKUST. HKU and CUHK are traditionally famous, but HKUST is catching up fast and i heard somewhere that HKUST has got the world's #1 MBA or EMBA. But you can't go wrong with any of these 3 universities.

Source(s): Me.

Universities in Hong Kong are ultimate universities by capacity of all capacity. You looks a fortunate one to elect the only in Hong Kong, as quickly as you're there you will discover the adaptation your self and you'd be happy with your decesion

lmao at the first answer.. Hong Kong is a democratic city

You're moving to a communist country? Shame on you!

with those crap grades..NO!!!!