Applying to Hong Kong university?

My family are moving to Hong Kong from the uk and as i'd of course like to be nearer I was wondering if I could apply to Hong Kong University with any hope. My GCSEs are 4 A*s and 6 As; my A Levels are straight A*s. I also have an AS Maths. I want to apply for economics or literature. Thanks

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

United Kingdom

A. Students taking the GCSE and GCE (A LEVEL) Examinations:

Grade E or above in seven subjects in the first and/or second attempt in the GCSE examination, of which:

six subjects shall be obtained at one and the same time;

one shall be English Language at grade C or above;

one shall be Mathematics; and

one shall be a language other than English (e.g. German, French), or if Chinese/Mandarin is offered as a language other than English, a pass in the GCE Advanced Level examination is required (Note: grade C / Level 4 (in or after 2007) or better in HKCEE Chinese Language is also accepted in fulfillment of this requirement); and

Grade P3 or above in three Cambridge Pre-U Principal Subjects (other than Mandarin Chinese), or the equivalent; or the award of the Cambridge Pre-U Diploma.

(Note: HKCEE results are accepted in lieu of GCSE on a subject for subject basis. In the case of English Language and Chinese Language obtained in the HKCEE in or after 2007, Level 4 or better is accepted for satisfying the English and Chinese requirements in GCSE).

Says you can get in with E's and C's so you wont have a problem with straight A's.

Have a look at the website and how to apply: http://www.als.hku.hk/intl/admissionHK.php

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

I think you're pretty good, depending on your A-Level combination of course and how many A-Level A*s you got. You would have to apply as a non-JUPAS student (look it up on the respective admissions websites of the universities). Literature is a less popular subject here because everyone is focused on business, medicine and law here in Hong Kong, while I know several people studying economics. It would be best if you applied to the best 3 universities here: HKU, CUHK, and HKUST. HKU and CUHK are traditionally famous, but HKUST is catching up fast and i heard somewhere that HKUST has got the world's #1 MBA or EMBA. But you can't go wrong with any of these 3 universities.

Source(s): Me.
  • 3 years ago

Universities in Hong Kong are ultimate universities by capacity of all capacity. You looks a fortunate one to elect the only in Hong Kong, as quickly as you're there you will discover the adaptation your self and you'd be happy with your decesion

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

lmao at the first answer.. Hong Kong is a democratic city

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

You're moving to a communist country? Shame on you!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

with those crap grades..NO!!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.