?
Lv 6
? asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

With trained manufacturing jobs in PA going unfilled why are highschools still cutting Votech programs?

Here in Pittsburgh, machine shops can't get enough qualified applicants for the jobs available, and we're still trying to send all kids to 4 year colleges where they'll make 55 instead of 65 K a year.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Corbett cut the funding. Getting that natural gas without those burdensome taxes on energy companies is way more important than jobs for those peons.

Every state has the government it deserves. Perhaps people will grow smarter for next election.

"ALL States are cutting back on everything as the money is about to run out from the government! Can you say Bankrupt?"

If PA is bankrupt, why didn't Corbett tax the gas companies who are taking our natural gas like every other state does?

• ?
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

If that is true why don't they start on the job training programs and make their own machinist. I have worked in factories that have done that and it worked fine for both parties.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

ALL States are cutting back on everything as the money is about to run out from the government! Can you say Bankrupt?

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I suppose if they can't convince us that there are jobs we won't do, they'll make sure there are jobs we can't do. I bet machine shop owners wouldn't mind training illegal aliens though. Just not citizens.

Source(s): my city, and my Hispanic son that doesn't get hired when they find out he's NOT illegal
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

because kids would rather play video games than learn a trade.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.