TheCity asked in SportsBaseball · 9 years ago

Pittsburgh Pirates Fans?

What are your thoughts on the season so far, the rest of the year, and the upcoming draft. Also, what're your thoughts on our young players at the big league level and in the minors?

Best Answer

I'd love to see how loyal the answerer above me is to their team after 18 losing seasons in a row... Pirates fans are some of the most loyal fans in professional sports, and hating on the bottomfeeders doesn't make you look clever or cute or whatever you're trying to be.

Anyway... my thoughts on the season so far is that the pitching has been much better than anyone anticipated. The whole team has shown signs of talent. Our hitting has been weak at times, and we're extremely inconsistent, but those are all signs of a young team. We've got a high draft pick this year, but we've never had very strong drafts in the past. Let's hope that changes. As for the rest of the year, I don't think a 70-75 win season isn't too far fetched. It's the inconsistency that worries me, the same inconsistency that gets us 10 runs against the Cubs one day and 0 the next.

Source(s): Pirates fan
  • haha...I wonder why NONE of them have answered. They seem to come out when the steelers are playing...$hitsburg is a dump!