Jon Seth asked in SportsSurfing · 9 years ago

how to make a longboard move slower?

i have an original hybrid longboard and when i go down hills i fly really fast and the board is so snappy its hard to carve ... is there a way to make it go slower like adding different bearings or something ?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Cruising down hills is the most fun part of riding a longboard. But I know how it can feel like you're losing control and your ability to turn when you're going very fast.

Yes, choosing different bearings will help your control your speed better. Check the ABEC rating on your current bearings. The higher the number, the faster those bearings will allow you to go - so buy and install a set with a lower number.

The other way to slow yourself is to hold one foot on the board, and the other off the board on the ground. This requires balance to keep avoid falling or completely stopping yourself rather than just slowing, but can be done easily by an experienced rider.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Take your wheels off, pull the bearings and soak them in PB PENETRANT for a pair of hours. Wipe them off and positioned all of it decrease back together. make certain you do no longer over tighten the nuts. which will reason the bearings to bind. provide 'em a spin. If to no longer your liking, replace the bearings.

• 9 years ago

learn how to slide!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.