Pistol (21+) or Rifle (18+) Ammo sir?

So I went to this new walmart that just opened up about 2 weeks ago. Apparantly yesterday there was an issue where someone pulled up to the store ran in pulled the fire alarm and ran away. Soon after someone discovered a man who had been shot multiple times in the back seats and the investigation is on going. Okay so today I walk in to buy ammo and this guy is stocking boxes casually. After I ask he then allows me to just reach in and grab whatever I want. (Idk it feels weird because ussually its behind a glass case and only employees get to touch it). Okay so I found everything I was looking for and then ask for some 45 auto. There is only one box left and he's like okay whatever. So I'm 18 and we walk to the counter, he says pistol right and I'm like no rifle but I think he was totally about to sell it as pistol ammo. Honestly its for neither because I'm saving for either a kimber 1911 when im over 21 or an HK UMC rifle again prob when I'm over 30 because its sooo expensive. If your not buying ammo for a pistol or a rifle is it okay to just say rifle because if your 18 your allowed to buy any caliber. I just think its better to buy while ammo is cheap and if I can't find 45 auto now why would it be cheaper and more available in the future?

• Mr. P
    Favorite Answer

I know it sounded okay to you when you were typing it but it has lost something in the translation. Are the "back seats" a description of a body part or a location within the store I don't know but anyway 45 acp (Automatic Colt Pistol) is by definition pistol ammo a can't be purchased by anyone under 21 years of age even if it is for a carbine. Conversely 22LR (Long Rifle) is rifle ammo by definition even if it can be used in a pistol and the buyer only need be 18 years of age. The only exception I can think of is that there was once upon a time 9mm carbine ammo for sale, that was intended for use in Uzi and MP5 carbines, made by Fiocchi. It stated quite clearly on the box "Not for use in 9mm pistols severe injury could result"

I kno that there is a question in ther somewhere. About the ammo, it is not illegal for you to buy what ever you want itis just illegal for them to sell it to you. No way to get set up you are not breaking any law they are. I have a FFL and checl ID on any one that looks younger than 30.

You cannot buy handgun ammo until 21. Simple as that.

I'm not sure of your question, but yes, feel free to lie to the man. Dumb policy really.

When they ask me that question at Walmart I usually answer "Both".

And I watch while their head explodes.

So feel free to answer "neither".

You was being set up. They had them cameras on you. Just likethat show bait car. be glad you didnt try anything. I fell for a trick like that and got my trailer repoed while I was waiting for my prize,

• C T M

Well, there's 2 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

WTF did i just read.....