Don't you hate it when your voice sounds different when recorded?

BQ: How about when u look different in pics rather than what you look like in the mirror?

Haha. It's kinda like we don't know reality

26 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

YES AND YES!

I always look rather decent in the mirror, but in a picture I look like a fat ugly person.

And YES I hateeeee hate hate how my voice sounds on recordings/to others. Cuz its squeaky and tiny.

In my head, my voice sounds perfect to me. :(

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Ew I hate my voice when I hear it recorded, it sounds really annoying, but I don't think it sounds that way when I talk lol

BQ: Ha yea sometimes when I think I look amazing in the mirror and then I take a pic, I'm like umm why don't they look the same lol

• 10 years ago

Haha yes I always sound like a 5 year old girl when my voice is recorded! And I hate how I look in pictures!

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

You hear yourself from the inside. That's why you sound different on a recording, because then you hear yourself as others hear you. I suggest you get with a voice teacher to help in alleviatng the nasal sound. You need to learn to project your head tones through your mouth rather than through your nose.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

No, I like it. I think I sound much better on tape than I sound in my head.

The mirror thing is another story.

You are correct in the sense that we have a different perception of ourselves from how others perceive us. As to which perception is reality, that may be a question for the philosophy department.

• 10 years ago

My voice only get distorted when I record on tape. Once I got a digital recorder my true voice came back to me and i fell in love with it.

As for the pics; I just quit printing them so I can see them on the computer and delete the ones i do not care for. Piece of cake, wouldn't you say?

• 10 years ago

YEAH! i sound good in real life but when i record not that good and i look in the mirror and i'm hot and i take a pic of myself and i look so diff.! man that get's on my nerves!

• Storm
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

I like the way mine sounds. And maybe the pics are reality. Wouldn't that be horrible.

• chobo
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

yeah i don't like my recorded voice. it does that because we are not also hearing our voice through the vibrating bones in our skull and mandible. it sounds different when sounds travel through solid objects than when it travels through air.

• ha
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

I don't hate it, but I'm not recorded very often..

BQ: that's weird, yeah

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.