Help tracking inventory in QuickBooks!!!!?

Hi! I really hope someone out there can help me with this because I'm having no luck finding it on-line, and the QB helpline is ALWAYS busy! I use QuickBooks to run a pool company, servicing and repairing pools. I am trying to figure out how I can track inventory that I buy in bulk quantity and use little by... show more Hi! I really hope someone out there can help me with this because I'm having no luck finding it on-line, and the QB helpline is ALWAYS busy!

I use QuickBooks to run a pool company, servicing and repairing pools. I am trying to figure out how I can track inventory that I buy in bulk quantity and use little by little for each customer.

For example, if I buy 100 lb. bucket of shock how can I track that I used 2 lbs. in Mr. A's pool for x amount of dollars, 6 lbs. in Mr. B's pool for x amount of dollars, and so on?

The only solution I've come up with is figuring out how much each lb. of shock costs, add it to my inventory that way, and then every time I buy a bucket I could say I bought 100 quantity.... but there's got to be a simpler way....

I don't want the customers to see the chemicals on their bills, it is included in the monthly service charge, but I would like to be able to keep track of it for myself somehow.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you!