Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Is it true those who go to heaven will live face down on hands and knees worshipping God 24/7?

I heard somewhere that people who go to heaven will have their face to the ground, on their hands and knees, singing praises of God, for all eternity! Man, doesn't sound like a place I wanna go. But I guess most people will say it beats burning for all eternity. lol

Favorite Answer

I suggest you read some Randy Alcorn or Tom Wright, because your concept of the Christian hope is completely off base. 'Heaven', for a start, is an unhelpful term because most people think of a disembodied 'bliss' (strumming harps on cloud nine, or an eternal church service). That is about as Christian as eating a side of bacon is Jewish or Muslim.

The Christian hope, for a start, is an eternal *embodied* existence on *this* earth. This earth (like believers in their bodily resurrection) will be transformed so that sin, suffering, pain and death are completely wiped away. Yes, we will worship God forever, but that does not mean we'll always be bowing down before him, or sitting in an eternal church service. I agree, that would be boring. God is the source of all true joy, comfort, fun, and love. Imagine that forever *at full volume*. Why would God, who is all-knowing, all-powerful, and morally perfect, come up with such a pathetic eternal existence for those who love him as you have imagined?

Moreover, most of the best things about life now will be there (without sin, which will make them so much better): friends, sport, music, culture, dance, books, animals, trees, forests, science, technology, art, conversation, meaningful and enjoyable work. And of course, people. Life will *never* be boring. Any good thing from now that isn't there won't be needed, and won't be missed. You want an eternal adventure? That's what you'll get, an far more than you can possibly imagine, if you forsake sin and trust in God in the flesh: Jesus Christ (who died for our sins according to the Scriptures, was buried, and rose again the third day according to the Scriptures). Think I'm making this up? Read Ephesians 2:4-10:

"But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved—and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them."

Hell, on the other hand, will not only be full of shame and contempt, it will also be incurably lonely and boring. You won't have any meaningful interaction with anybody, ever. There are no parties, no debauchery, no drugs, no money, sex or power. Nothing of value, except yourself. However, since you've declared God of no value, you've declared yourself of no value as well. We only derive our true value from God. Who wants to spend their eternity in shame, loneliness, and boredom?

Source(s): Randy Alcorn, Heaven, Tyndale House, Coral Stream, IL, 2004. Tom Wright, Surprised by Hope, SPCK, London, 2007.

Yeah, what great choices for our future! Praise God! He is so wonderful to us. He lets us worship him day and night rather than burn in hell. His mercy is undescribable.

The book of Revelation in the first chapter (I think) sort of implies that. But I think Christians ignore that because they can't imagine living like that for eternity. They don't really know what heaven will be like except that they believe that they will be happy. Just happy no matter what they will end up doing.

The people in paradise are those who worshiped God alone ...

So, how Come Lord rewards them with their faces to the ground or such ...

Our worshiping of God is only in this life ...

Paradise is the place where Believers are rewarded ...

No five prays a day, no fasting, only reward by God is in paradise ...

To know more, brose Quran ...

Peace ...

• No... however those of us who will make it to Heaven will worship God continually..... as we do even hear on earth...... one need not be prostrate to worship God... I worship God when I am pushing my granddaughter on the swing.... or floating down the river on a tube with my grandchildren..... it will be the same in Heaven

No thats ridiculous. We will be worshiping God but he has jobs for us planned out and we will not be bored. God will create a new heaven and a new earth. What does that tell you? Life will be again, and it will be abundant.

I don't know if we would be in a face down position for all eternity but if I am singing for the Lord, it does not really matter what direction my spiritual form is positioned because I will be content...>:)

I find it delusional to believe in Heaven or Hell. You can only burn for a certain amount of time before you turn to ashes, or literally don't feel it anymore.

I wish it was- it would be harder to preach from a hands and knees position!

True to those who believe in stupidity.

i love god.

but, i hope not, i would like to at some points. but not for the wholee life world forever !