Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 9 years ago

Is sleeping a waste of time?

If you sleep 8 hours per night, then you're spending 8/24 or 1/3 of your life sleeping. If you live for 90 years that means you spent 30 years sleeping.

If you sleep 6 hours per night, then you're spending 6/24 or 1/4 of your life sleeping. If you live for 80 years that means you spent 20 years sleeping.

What do you think?

29 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Sometimes it is a waste of a perfectly good evening but you have no choice but to do it. If you don't sleep you're cutting your life even shorter. That's the real waste of a life.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yes, I think it's a waste but it helps restore your body homeostasis. Some sleep is required...but 8 hours a nite? A lie. Babies like infants and toddlers should get ample sleep. The rest of us should feel it out. I go with 4-5hrs a nite. Some people need 8 but everyone is different!!!

If you don't sleep though, you can go to crazytown and hallucinate! Fun fun!

Source(s): College
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

sleeping is vital to our everyday health. more accidents happen in the workplace when the person get less than their required amount of sleep, thats a fact.

the lass sleep you have, lets say you only sleep 4 hours a day? the more prone you are to making mistakes because your mental ability's aren't sharp, because of lack of sleep.

getting enough sleep helps our bodies in a number of ways, it gives us more energy and vitality during the daylight hours.

you cannot cheat your body out of sleep. i know this because ive tried it with caffeine pills. your reach a point where you hit a WALL and just fall asleep, worse if its behind the wheel of a 18 wheeler truck on the highway. nothing can stop the need for sleep!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

If u sleep well oly u can have a good health then only u can live 90 yrs or 80yrs watever

sleeping is important in humans life

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • No, its very important. If you don't sleep you will feel lethargic, slow, lackluster. So yeah you'll end up spending less years asleep in total but you won't feel good.

Besides sleep is necessary for your body to rebuild itself after a heavy workout. Same for the mind I think.

• hurdle
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

No. Sleep mode is a "Low skill" intake. It does not take as lots skill as while the computing gadget is on. notwithstanding, It does consume way much less skill than if the computing gadget have been on easily.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Its not a waste of time. IF you don't get enough sleep, you wont have enough energy during the day... So yea, not sleeping would allow you more time to live you life... but getting enough sleep would allow you to live your life to the FULLEST.

• 9 years ago

Uhh, no. Sleeping is a necessary part of life. Without sleep, everybody would be mindless zombies. Life would be pretty miserable without sleep...

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I usually can manage with 5 hours.

• 9 years ago

If sleeping was a waste of time, this world would've been long gone.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.