Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

What kind of 'spending cuts' are Republicans seeking?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States...

If you have time, click on the link and look at all the government agencies that exist. Every administration adds a few but nobody ever gets rid of the obsolete ones. I really don't like to see people lose their jobs but many of the issues handled by the federal government could better be handled by the states. Way too much bureaucracy at a very high price. That is where I would start.

It wouldn't be so terrible to cut funding for all agencies by 5% just right off the top. The government needs to become much more efficient just like the private sector has. This would not include SSI and Medicare/Medicaid. Why do we have all these czars? Are they doing anything that is benefiting anyone? If so, I don't see it.

The states used to handle many areas that have been taken over by the fed. The states have begun to privatize many local jobs that were once handled by government employees saving them a whole lot of money.

Nobody seems to really want to tackle this in the way it needs to be done. I understand why they started with Medicare because it must be addressed but they also need to go through the entire budget page by page and get rid of the unnecessary wasteful spending that nobody even keeps track of.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Start with everything that is not an entitlements, funding the wars (although I wish we would get out today), defense related. So it is only 100 billion. That is a great start.

Then look at destruction of the tax code. You make this then you pay this. What you did with your money should not diminish your obligations. The percentages would need to be rest (lower not higher). Then get rid of the IRS proportional to the reduced work load. Then start a program of a national sales tax to replace the corporate tax system. It is the same thing because the consumer pays it anyways and it would now include import products. To generate the same revenue as corporate taxes the rate would only be 2% and it would be a constant stream of cash flow for the government.

Then look at the entitlements and do what has to be done and look at the tax rates. Just do all the others first or they will keep wasting more and just raise taxes more, thus creating more inflation in domestic products and destruction of our savings.

• 9 years ago

The basic idea the Republicians have is an across the board reduction in budget appropiations to the levels they were in 2008.

In addition the Republicians regard any entitlement program that is spending more money than it brings in as in trouble and is proposing cuts that will return those programs to economic reality.

• 3 years ago

democrats have basic experience. republicans are nuts and delusional. and fox wont record on republicans doing undesirable. Benghazi got here approximately. have been attempting to discover those responsible. does Obama could sign off on cuts like that besides. how could he understand that became a concern area. why could congress try this. this is somewhat suspicious.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

They want to kill Medicare, and take Disability, Food Stamps, and anything else that may help disadvantaged Americans.

But the funny thing is whenever they have the power, spending rises like nobody's business.

We already have enough nukes to blow up the entire world a million times over, but they insist we need to throw good money after bad into the damned Pentagon.

Check out the big bucks ($2,500.00 per hour) that Gov. Chris Christie (R). from New Jersey, spends taking helicopter trips to see his son play baseball, and so that he can return in time to meet up for dinner with his fellow budget-cutting Republican Pals.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I just want Government to spend on Programs within Constitutional Law

• Mostly things that are unlawful in the first place and didn't exist at all for most of our history - you know, the same things the entire Democrat caucus claims we will all die without.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I don't know, I hope they cut all government programs across the board and end everything that isn't found in the constitution.

Source(s): Aubs
  • 9 years ago

How about ALL the ENTITLEMENT programs....Welfare was supposed to be a TEMPORARY leg up...NOT a way of life....Social Security was supposed to be a net to AID in retirement...NOT ....BE the retirement income....Healthcare is NOT a RIGHT it is EARNED

• 9 years ago

Anything that helps the poor or the consumer.

Anything that makes the rich responsible for their actions.

Anything that protects the environment from irresponsibility.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.