What's your opinion on psychiatry?

I've been a psych patient who's been medicated nearly the whole 27 yrs. of my life! I just recently figured out how to break away from it, but I'm afraid of being FORCED back in. By the time I was 24, I realized that pills don't solve my problems. It pretty much DESTROYED my mind & body. That's... show more I've been a psych patient who's been medicated nearly the whole 27 yrs. of my life! I just recently figured out how to break away from it, but I'm afraid of being FORCED back in. By the time I was 24, I realized that pills don't solve my problems. It pretty much DESTROYED my mind & body. That's why when I talk, plenty of people say that my speech is illogical & incoherent & doesn't make sense. & it's discouraging!

I suffered 2 strokes at age 5, & on top of that, I attempted suicide twice last yr. because of those psych pills. Cymbalta made me do it. & Effexor made me feel like I was going to die. Doxepin & Trazodone KEEP me hungry. I gained like 80 lbs. in 6 mos. I was angry b/c I had finally been able to take off that weight after so many years!

It's hard to deal with counseling because it makes you more frustrated, angry, sad, etc. going out than coming in. Those therapists get PAID to provoke you to anger, so that you can be handed over to the law (jail) or the psych ward & have pills forcefully shoved down your throat. & if they can't put it down your throat, they'll get you in the hip. I've been battered & abused in the looney house (psych ward) & suffered what seemed like police brutality. & I was told that they were right & I was wrong, & that I cannot sue. I am SO hurt by this, & it only makes my depression worse.