Windows 7 blue screen error?

So my 5 year old brother pressed the off button and forced shut down when it was already shutting down. Now, when I turn on my computer this blue screen shows up for a few seconds and then it asks me to either start windows normally (which doesn't work) or to launch the startup repair. The startup repair is useless to me as it says that it cannot fix the problem?! I really don't know much about this so I'm hoping someone can help me with this?

thanks in advance. :)

Best Answer

Windows may have been in the process of installing updates when it was shutting down and the forced shutdown has disrupted this. It may be possible for you to do a system recovery so give this a try....

Restart your PC whilst holding down the F8 key until you get a list of startup options for "Windows Advanced Options Menu" and use the keyboard arrow keys to select "Last Known Good Configuration (advanced)" and press Enter. If this doesn't work (Windows doesn't start normally) restart holding F8 again and this time select "Safe Mode with Networking" from the list and wait for Windows to start up (may take a little while) Windows should prompt you with the option to do a System Restore, choose to do this and you will be guided through the procedure, just follow the prompts whilst keeping a good eye on any five-year-old-button-pressers that may be lurking nearby ;-D

If this doesn't work you may have to do a complete reinstall of Windows 7 from disc

• binni

BSOD(blue reveal of loss of life) is brought about by capacity of the two minor application device defects or may be a hardware failure additionally...And u do not could purchase any disc for any working device....ideally your device producer could be transport it loose if u ask for it..And the disk does not paintings then it may be with hardware..if so i could require little greater information like the device config and the define of the blue reveal ( is it sparkling or there's a quit errors on it like 0x000000...)... If u have checked that this is with the aid of potential furnish then call up your producer for this they'll replace your adaptor with greater acceptable wattage and that would restoration it...

When first booting keep tapping F8 until a menu appears with safe mode options, select the option to Disable automatic restart and continue booting, you should get a blue screen with the error on it.

He either Damaged the drive, or the operating system was corrupted.

Try reinstalling Windows.

If it wont work, get a new hard drive