Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Do The Bible Codes mean anything?

The Old Testament was transcribed exactly, so that each letter of successive manuscripts was in the exact position in every copy. (i.e. PDF is a Hebrew invention- nobody tell them- Sheol to pay!) Modern computer imaging technology was able to depict The Bible as a 3-D grid, and it was discovered that words could be read through the cuboid formed, that seemed to predict future events- such as The Holocaust, World War II and Adolf Hitler and his key goons.

Also, it is claimed that reading the Old Testament by jumping letters in fixed spacings (e.g. every 66th letter, and so on,) yields legible data, such as the term Yeshua is Saviour over and over thoughout the Old Testament, at least.

An ignorant person would immediately jump to the conclusion that this proves that GOD INSPIRED THE BIBLE, because NO ONE could write The Bible like that, without computer technology, which the Jews did not have. Unfortunately, this is not true.

JOSHUA 1:5-9.

5. "There shall not any man be able

to stand before thee all the days of thy life:

as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee:

I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

6. "Be strong and of a good courage:

for unto this People shalt thou divide

for an inheritance the Land,

which I sware unto their fathers to give them.

7. "Only be thou strong and very courageous,

that thou mayest observe to do according to all The Law,

which Moses my servant commanded thee:

turn not from it to the right hand or to the left,

that thou mayest prosper withersoever thou goest.

8. "THIS BOOK OF THE LAW

SHALL NOT DEPART OUT OF THY MOUTH;

BUT THOU SHALT MEDITATE THEREIN DAY AND NIGHT,

THAT THOU MAYEST OBSERVE TO DO

ACCORDING TO ALL THAT IS WRITTEN THEREIN:

FOR THEN THOU SHALT MAKE THY WAY PROSPEROUS,

AND THEN THOU SHALT HAVE GOOD SUCCESS.

9. "Have not I commanded thee?

Be strong and of a good courage;

be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed:

for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."

Meditation separates True Believers from those who have other reasons for joining Bible Religion.

Biblical Mediation means muttering or murmuring Scriptures, even thousands of times daily, which results in a number of special beneficial effects that Unbelievers don't have to be told about.

Basically, the subconscious mind surfaces- to stay- and undreamed-of abilities emerge, including Photographic Recall, and Sonic Recall. This is a hazardous procedure to someone who does not have exceptional mental stability. Still, one's becomes able to see anything one saw once by willing oneself to see it again. Beginning with The Bible.

Nicola Tesla had Photographic Recall- many do, as by chance- he could design machines in his mind, and simulate them so perfectly, that they would even have unexpected bugs- which would appear should he build the machines physically. Great artists probably have Photographic Recall, so that painting from memory is like tracing an image with tracing-paper.

One of the reasons L. Ron Hubbard has been so loudly discredited and vilified by propaganda and innuendo is that he discovered the simple means to restore "Visio-Sonic Recall" to practically anyone, and those leads to other abilities dangerous to the Power Brokers, so they have tried to beat Scientology out of existence, and make it out to be worthless.

If Christians mediated on the Bible to optimal conclusion, they would have photographic recall of The Bible, and be able to arrange its pages in 3-Dimensional formations, and see how Bible Codes can be uncovered or written at will, if they chose.

So it would not be any great stretch to name the "Moonchild" of your choice "Yeshua," so you can say, "See! It is written in The Bible in a code!" Jesus presumably taught his Disciples all the Bible codes involving himself, after his Resurrection. The Gospels go to great lengths to prove that Jesus' Disciples were useless and meditation, and did not have Meditative Recall and Insight.

. LUKE 24:25-27.

25. Then he said unto them,

"O fools, and slow of heart to believe

all that The Prophets have spoken:

26. "Ought not Christ to have suffered these things,

and to enter into his Glory?"

27. And beginning at Moses and all The Prophets,

he expounded unto them in all the Scriptures

the things concerning himself.

. ACTS 1:1-3.

THE former treatise have I made, O Theophilus,

of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,

2 Until the day in which he was taken up,

after that he through the Holy Ghost

had given commandments unto the Apostles

whom he had chosen:

3. To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion

by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days,

and speaking of the things pertaining to The Kingdom of God:

Therefore, The so-called "Bible Codes" may or may not be as significant as many people think.

Best Answer

Many people claim to have discovered amazing patterns using some sort of Bible code. There do appear to be some Bible code results which seem to reveal specific information. We cannot completely rule out the possibility that God could have "hidden" information in His Word. However, since we know that God wants us to understand His Word (2 Timothy 3:16-17), we must ask ourselves why He would "hide" valuable information in His Word that would be impossible for people to discover for thousands of years? This flies in the face of what we know about God’s character and purpose. Would a good and merciful God hide the very information we need to understand good and evil, heaven and hell, sin and redemption, and then hold us accountable for all eternity because we failed to act upon that information? Of course not.

Beside the attack on God’s character, the main argument against the Bible codes is that they do not fit with biblical interpretation. Jesus, in all of the times that He cites Bible passages, never once uses a “Bible code” to decipher a meaning. The Apostle Paul in all the times he references Old Testament passages never once uses a “Bible code” to arrive at an interpretation. The same could be said for ALL of the other biblical authors who reference other books of the Bible. Nor are we are ever instructed by any Bible passage to look for Bible codes as a means of determining its meaning (or to gain any deeper insight). What we need to know and apply is clear enough from a “straight” reading of the Word of God.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-codes.html

Source(s): TLS

This sounds like the "Black Christian Scientologists" work to me.... (sniffs the air several times...)

Well all I have to say is that Scientology does not give you super powers.

It has been said that we use only a small proportion of our brains capacity and that we are not operating at our full potential. What this really means I dont know, but I am happy to accept such a statement as a possibility, it seems logical given the mistakes we make that we are nowhere near perfect and some higher level must be possible. But what I DO KNOW is that scientology does not offer the tools to unlock this "lost" state of perfection. I have seen scientologists on YouTube and believe me, they more often than not make complete ***** of themselves. If thats operating at full potential you can keep it.

As to bible codes - hogwash. As to Hubbard being the victim of "vile propaganda and innuedo", he made his own bed and people saw him for what he was. Did you know the man? The stories about came from the people who knew him and therefore qualify more truth than your delusional ideal of the man who wrote the books you so readily idolise. If you knew him please disregard that last comment and please tell us of your experience of the man......

"The Old Testament was transcribed exactly, so that each letter of successive manuscripts was in the exact position in every copy."

Oh, I see. So tell me why the "dead sea scrolls" versions of manuscripts don't line up with others? Or why the two sets of oldest manuscripts that exist (none of which date before the 8th century CE) don't match up at all? Oh, right -- because the claim up there is completely false.

Go google "moby dick code." It'll give you an idea of how ridiculous the "bible code" nonsense is. What the "bible code" means is that people desperate to justify belief in nonsense come up with some pretty wild stuff.

Peace.

• ?

No. There is no "Hebrew Bible Code." Grant Jeffrey is a fool for believing in that. There's enough plain-and-obvious doctrine in the King James ENGLISH to keep me busy! (I'm writing a commentary.)

• "The Old Testament was transcribed exactly, so that each letter of successive manuscripts was in the exact position in every copy"=Complete and utter hogwash.

The "Bible Codes" were debunked years ago. Move along, nothing to see here.

I think bible codes are the result of someone having way too much time on their hands. They mean nothing and is one more marketing tool to get someone to buy a book.

• Everything you just wrote is ridiculous. No, Bible codes do not mean anything. No, the Bible did not predict anything.

Similar codes have been found in Moby Dick. Any sufficiently wordy document will have some letter combinations that make words.

• RicG

Superman

God would never make things hard like that, the devil however would make you puzzles

I agree with him.

but if it that so we need a code revealer.

Source(s): for further understanding. Please look & listen to a preacher named Bro. Eli Soriano the most sensible preacher in the world. Bible Logician Websites http://mcgi.org http://www.angdatingdaan.org www.eliseosoriano.com http://esoriano.wordpress.com/ www.whoisbroeli.com http://twitter.com/#!/BroEliSoriano

That's a really interesting thought, I'm not sure how much I buy, but interesting none the less. Thanks, something new around here is rare.